We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

My dad had one too (mk4 eurospec TT supra) and about the sound of them i keep saying that they are very quiet ... in other hand you can feel them a lot...yes you hear a litle "squisshh" that will increase during aceleration....but its not that turbo "whine" that people think its to....

I would make a more realistic sound however if there was a good source for it....and also there was no option for a turbo sound sample for the sound of this car in tdu2

....its no excuses ...its the thruth to be honest XD ...the game doesnt really help for sound modding ...even if i have the realistic samples the game will simply make them sound stupid

I think we are discussing two separate things. For all the stock MKIV I've seen, the whine is more common than the hissing sound - which is often due to aftermarket modifications. The 'squish' you refer to is the blow off that happens when you release the throttle. I wasn't concerned about the blow off, because on stock Supras the dump valve sound IS quiet, more quiet than the turbos themselves. I imagine that's what people are expecting!

You should have another try at the turbo sounds under acceleration. I'd even record some for you, but I haven't any equipment that good to pick up a quality sound byte.

The immense respect for you doing this from me is higher than i can reach, as a programmer i know this is hard work, and for nothing asswell (no money).

You (everyone who workd on this) should really get more appreciation for this work.

And now it makes me wonder, what kind of job do you do?

Immense respect and thanks for the patch.

Hi!, I really appriciate the work that you've done and I would like to know if the content of the last dlc is in this patch and if not, how can I get the motos and all the stuffs?

If you have bought the game, uninstall the game(backup save game), install the vanilla game, run the launcher so it will update the game to the latest build, and then unpack and install the UP, then you will need to buy Atari tokens(or something like that) to buy the motorcycles. If you pirated it, please buy it, because we don't help people who pirate the game. It only is around €10 on steam. And sometimes it is in a steam sale, so it's even cheaper.

If you have bought the game, uninstall the game(backup save game), install the vanilla game, run the launcher so it will update the game to the latest build, and then unpack and install the UP, then you will need to buy Atari tokens(or something like that) to buy the motorcycles. If you pirated it, please buy it, because we don't help people who pirate the game. It only is around €10 on steam. And sometimes it is in a steam sale, so it's even cheaper.

I know but the server is down and there's no more dlc or bikes on the atari's site. And what is the vanilla game?

I know but the server is down and there's no more dlc or bikes on the atari's site. And what is the vanilla game?

Vanilla game is an unmodded, original game as you bought it.

Last week Atari stated the servers would not go down. But the player servers are offline for a week now. We will see if they get a reboot next week.

I believe the game will die when The Crew comes out anyway

I think it wont because The Crew isnt a game like TDU, what i like the most about TDU is the realism, in The Crew there is not as much of that as in TDU, I know The Crew isnt going to be a better game to me than the TDU series.

Are you serious? :D Especially TDU2 is one of the most anti-realism-games I ever played.

The Driving in The Crew is much more alive and real than in TDU1 or TDU2. Despite the obvious Arcade game play you can also have a lot of fun just driving around and enjoy the handling and scenery.

But the TDU2-UP team did an excellent job in squeezing the max from the available handling model in TDU2.

Some UP cars are actually very good to drive, also in comparison to other games.

Without more in depth access to the core game files more can not be done.

The driving in TDU2 has always been flawed with bad wheel support, no proper working FFB and nerfed physics.

:cool:

Modifying physics wold trigger the anti-cheat system, isn it?

It should, but it doesn't. There are still idiots with 1000HP 2CV's scamming ignorant newbies from their freshly earned money near the Caravan.

Anti cheat is more targeted at illegally unlocked DLC and Pirated copies of the game.

But it would be very cool to get access to the core game files, as than you can do a lot more, like make the FFB actually work, and unleash the physics engine with working diffs etc.

:cool:

i really hated them back in the day.. some sort of sob stole 350,000 dollars from me by instant challenge :D on day 2 :D at least it didnt have hacks.. :D offroader b* :D i was about to buy the best a6 class car.. :D (subaru at that time) since then, i hate instant challenges.. :D (you know, its hard to beat a subaru in a lancia :D)

did you try hacking some core physics files? it sounds like you did :D if the cars could drive realistic... it would be a complete game.. :D

I really tried to look for in other forums and website, even here in several pages. I'd like to know how can I contribute to do some changes in the clothing? I would like to create thiner bath suits for Girls avatars, and maybe a topless option. Let me know how could I make those changes or add new clothes by desinging it?

Just a suggestion for the patch, which btw is awesome, could some slower, more "fun" little cars be added in, supercars are brilliant but sometimes it's just great to jump in the 2CV or Golf Gti and just go nuts :)

-Carlstone13

ps: Thanks for doing this whole patch, it's awesome to see that people are putting so much time and effort into this game, and for no real self benefit!