We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

Well that's it for me but i don't want to be part of this community anymore.

Sorry Jorge and Xarlith but modding until gone 5am or some days not even going sleep is not worth it anymore.

Post after post of why isn't this car in this patch or this one. And when i say some thing i get attacked.

I thought you guys would be happy that just some thing is coming but i guess not.

This is exactly my point, hear Minime out guys, give some credit!

and slight side note my mic may have broken so vids may stop for a few days.

Minime will get all the credit he deserves for his mods

But being a modder doesn't makes him untouchable, and as he deserves credit from one side, he also deserves criticism fos the way he treats people. Now here there are 4 or 5 people that disagrees with him, and he wants to leave the community? Well, he can do as he pleases, but he is being childish now.

You really want them learn modding like i did. Sure it's not a quick process but if you want them learn and stop bitchin about it.

And the icing in the cake

Did i go to far then?

Sorry Minime, you reap what you sow. You went far, now someone replied you and instead of having your army yaysayers there are people replying you as well, and no one is being hostile, not at least more hostile than you are to anyone that diasgrees with you.

You'll have to excuse me Diablo, but i'm going to answer some things. Also, i'll try te be as moderate as possible, but i can still show some vehemence

however those who want something different will tell you this and of course they won't be alone but like it or not you guys are usually the smallest group, everyone else is content with what's coming down the pipeline.

This is exactly why the smallest group is always de noisiest one. They want something and they won't shut up. Who marks the difference here are the ones who are actually listening. How they react, and how they answer.

Let's just say that the answer to my question (Only Lambos or there are also some low/mid profile cars and new brands?) is something like "There are no low profile cars in our scheudle right now" or "We want to expand the number or cars are avaiables for some brands first" Then, with an answer like that, even if it isn't what i expect, i'm satisfied or we can start a comfy debate.

The questions are EVEN more relevant taking in account that 0.5 may be the last Unnoficial Patch iteration. UP's objective is to expand, and to fix, Test Drive Unlimited 2, and some of us, the smallest group, are looking forward to see how much is going to expand this time, maybe the last time.

What's funny though is if you look about you can actually find plenty of everyday cars for download, maybe not the one you specifically want

Being honest, all my searches for TDU2 mods outside turboduck have utterly failed, all pages are gone or haven't been updated for a long time, and i'm not going to put my feet in caravto anymore, i love my computer.

I've been about to ask a million times if there is some kind of TDU2 mods database, but haven´t done yet because i didn't want to disrespect turboduck's modding community.

Also, i started to doing it recently, but i HATE WITH PASSION switching models with another unrelated one, like an Aston Martin for a BMW, or Atom for Tesla. Anyway, since TDU2 modding works this way, i have no choice but to do it.

Last thing - you want the Unofficial Patch to continue? Well you need the people involved to... well be involved, so if they start leaving or getting irate at the feedback and sniping then they may just walk away completely

Thing is, i don't want (and no one in this forum wants) to Minime os StarGT to leave UP, they are GREAT modders, but by being great modders they think they can act and talk as they please. StarGT needed to be banned to understand thet there are non written rules that must be respected to, and Minime acts as if he were THE MADAFAGGIN SUPREME GOD OF MODDING Proof? A few users disagrees with him and *POOF* He wants to leave the community.

And i'll add one more thing: Modding is something hard, i'm aware of it, but i think it's obvious that if someone invests such time and effort in modding a game it's because he loves that game, and want to see it improved, that is the feeling that i, as a gamer, admire the most, and you love the game you're not doing it to be praised, even if people actually praises you. TDUZoqqer is an example of a good modder, as you say, and i actually am using Minime's videos for learning to mod. But what actually bothers me of Minime and StarGT is that they don't seem to love the game anymore but they keep modding for being praised. Damn i actually see tduchiken threads and, being his mods as imperfect as they seem to be, he listen and keep learning, and doesn't have a bad word for anyone. Last time i asked StarGT to optimize his mods because a few of them halve my framerate he reacted as if i was commiting blasphemy, and Minime, well, you saw already, and i didn't even criticised his mods, i just asked for something that wasn't a Lambo.

And with something as hard and slow to learn as modding, Do it yourself isn't even an answer.

I get what you are saying and in the case of Minime and how he responded to you then of course I can see why you would feel aggrieved with that. I also have seen the whole "I'm leaving" plan of action and to be honest I just look at it and say 'Ok bye', I might be sorry to see you go but hey that's your choice. I'm not here to and will not praise or back you up for responding to people in a certain manner, if you get a throwback after being first to throw then as long as it doesn't break the rules I don't care and actually value a worthy discussion over any other to-and-fro between members.

Modding is always a love/hate thing, unless the game has been designed to support it obstacles are always going to be in the way and workarounds will have to be used. As great as it would be to easily have it work the way you want compared to the way it does is a compromise you will always have to make, and stating that you would much rather have an answer in the way of a polite response without pre-empting it in your post that is asking the question is going to result in an 'in hindsight' occurrence.

'Is there any chance we can see more low-mid range cars in an upcoming update instead of high-powered exotics and such? I'm not demanding any but just wondering if anything like this is in mind. Thanks.'

Maybe I'm naive to think this would get a better and less snap-at response but by lowering the tone with the latter part I would be inclined to think a more normative response would be received.

BTW we love feedback - if you love, hate or would like to see us do something post it in our Feedback area. I'm only one person but I do care about you guys our members.

StarGT, please, WORDS, if i am spanish and can write wall'o texts, i'm sure you can answer me with words

Diablo by no means my original question was meant to be offensive or aggresive (not like you're saying that it was, but it gives me that impression) but truth to be told, the motor World is SO vast and there are so many brands, branches, classes and whatnot that i'm having a hard time understanding the obssesion with lambos.

Unlimited Patch gave us TDU2 players Lamborghini, BAC, Toyota, Saleen, Chrysler... Why trying to hype with another Lambo? The moment i saw that, i snapped and felt the urge to ask, maybe not as politely as i should, but also not as aggresive as the answer i got.

I don't have too much time so i'll leave it here. Only one more thing to say: StarGT If you're implying that i'm crying, i'd like to ask you what the hell were you doing when you declared that you would make another patch by yourself after being banned. And this time, answer me with WORDS

And hilariously enough TDUZoqqer has the most right to shout how great he is and how bad everyone else is, as he actually makes some of his mods from scratch but he's like the ideal modder as he takes everything in his stride and shares his skillz with the community freely! I honestly can't think of many other people like him who are this down-to-earth and relaxed.

TDUZoqqer is an example of a good modder, as you say [...]

How sweet, I heart you too, guys. :glomp: (I don't want to take part in this discussion as I also mod mostly supercars, eventhough for TDU1 but still. Sorry about that :cheeky: )

A Diablo SV, well of course now you have my attention.

Hermano: I wasn't implying anything in regards to your question, all I was saying was if you don't show that your question is not one of the usual 'why this car?' or 'can we have this one?', then no matter how it's worded it can easily be construed that way because words are just words and people can read a tone that's not meant to be there in them.

You have to remember being a modder is quite a thankless role, they see the downloads hit the 100's, 1000's and probably beyond but get little to no recognition or gratitude for the work they did to bring that mod to these people. So it doesn't take a smart man to realise that when someone says they should be working on something else, or that they hate all these types that they're making, that a sharp reply is given back in some instances. Truth be told they probably hear more about what they should not be doing than a thanks for what they are doing!

Well at the end of the day, all this would be avoided if Minime and others could just reply to people in a grown up manner. What Hermano said deserved no condescending language in reply...

Heres a tip for modders: You can always IGNORE all future posts from downloaders and only reply to those reporting bugs or something. Simple. No arguments caused.