We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

HI again, i bought original game but i have a problem. I bought it from steam. then i wait about hour to download. After that i start the game and everyting was ok. Then i start TDU_unpacker_GUI...wait about 2 hours to install the files. Start game- everiting is ok. then i install UP 0.4.Game will start but i havent cars and bikes from UP, or maybe not all cars and car/bike shops was with different cars, when i play my old game i have UP.04 and i know where wat cars are have. then i unpack the game with bat file "unpack_full"(maybe that step was wrong). because i havent last updates. And here is the problem. When unpacking is done, i start the game with steam launcher and - start new download - 1.06GB. After finish this download the game will not started. At the picture with aston martin one-77 my game crashed. I tryed 2 times to install...and the result is one and same. I don't try knyazev universal launcher. because somewhere i read that if i use it, i will be banned. With this tool are i can play online?

And 1 more thing - i have and my old game (pirate). Can i use it with my legal key ?. because she is worked.

HI again, i bought original game but i have a problem. I bought it from steam. then i wait about hour to download. After that i start the game and everyting was ok. Then i start TDU_unpacker_GUI...wait about 2 hours to install the files. Start game- everiting is ok. then i install UP 0.4.Game will start but i havent cars and bikes from UP, or maybe not all cars and car/bike shops was with different cars, when i play my old game i have UP.04 and i know where wat cars are have. then i unpack the game with bat file "unpack_full"(maybe that step was wrong). because i havent last updates. And here is the problem. When unpacking is done, i start the game with steam launcher and - start new download - 1.06GB. After finish this download the game will not started. At the picture with aston martin one-77 my game crashed. I tryed 2 times to install...and the result is one and same. I don't try knyazev universal launcher. because somewhere i read that if i use it, i will be banned. With this tool are i can play online?

And 1 more thing - i have and my old game (pirate). Can i use it with my legal key ?. because she is worked.

What you need to do is:

1. Do a fresh install of tdu2 of steam

2. Copy the game folder from the steamdata to a place on your hdd.

3. Unpack and use the universal launcher.

4. Install up0.4

What you need to do is:

1. Do a fresh install of tdu2 of steam

2. Copy the game folder from the steamdata to a place on your hdd.

3. Unpack and use the universal launcher.

4. Install up0.4

ok when the game is downloaded from steam, it is not already on my hard drive ... as they do understand after a new installation of the game have to put it in a new directory so you ?. I apologize for my stupid questions but the first time I play a game online and have no idea how things work.

And one more thing - unpack - with tdu_unpacker_gui or with unpack_full.bat?

ok when the game is downloaded from steam, it is not already on my hard drive ... as they do understand after a new installation of the game have to put it in a new directory so you ?. I apologize for my stupid questions but the first time I play a game online and have no idea how things work

It is already on your hard drive but it's always good to have a backup of the game, so when things so bad you can use the backup as a restore point. Did you unpack the game in the steam directory? If so you can also copy that to another location and use the universal launcher with that.

It is already on your hard drive but it's always good to have a backup of the game, so when things so bad you can use the backup as a restore point. Did you unpack the game in the steam directory? If so you can also copy that to another location and use the universal launcher with that.

Yes i unpack the game in steam directory that was created by installation.Is always have to choose a separate folder to desarchive of things of TDU_unpacker_GUI, because I tried to put them in the same directory where the game and not let me?

Tell me the correct order to install the game. and whether in the Steam installation has them all updates?

Yes i unpack the game in steam directory that was created by installation.Is always have to choose a separate folder to desarchive of things of TDU_unpacker_GUI, because I tried to put them in the same directory where the game and not let me?

Tell me the correct order to install the game. and whether in the Steam installation has them all updates?

You really have to install all the official updates before you do anything else with the game, that's really important. Without that the unpacker will not work as it should and the UP as well.

Try to do everything in that order:

1. install the game

2. install every available official Atari patch until the game is on version 034 build 16

3. unpack the game

4. install the Unofficial Patch

5. copy your old savegame backup into your documents folder

6. have fun with the patched game and your old savegame

That should do the trick :)

Thanks to your advice but i can't play my old save because the name is used :). I try to rename but i can't. And my old save is made for offline game. But thank you :)

just now i install tdu_unpacked_gui. before that i start the game and at the launcher write version 034 build 16...Are that a last dlc?

You can't use Atari launcher nor steam to play unpacked game. Use Knyazev's Launcher instead. On tdu2.ml/up/tutorial is a pretty simple tutorial how to unpack and install the game.

Do not mix two versions of different unpacker at one time. Use GUI and extract to different folder, or use bat and extract to existing directory. I would recommend GUI because it has most up to date filelist.

Thank you so much man :) so i can play with knyazev's launcher?

I just right now done installation of UP 0.4. Now i will try :)

--- Post Updated ---

someting is not right. I start my old offline game to see are i have new cars and bikes from UP 04. No :(. no bac mono, no saleen's, no kawasaki

--- Post Updated ---

that thinks i do it:

1-download the game from steam

2-start tdu_unpacked_gui wait and then copy at the game directory

3-start UP 0.4 and install at the game directory

But the game is not unoffitial pached :(

Thank you so much man :) so i can play with knyazev's launcher?

I just right now done installation of UP 0.4. Now i will try :)

--- Post Updated ---

someting is not right. I start my old offline game to see are i have new cars and bikes from UP 04. No :(. no bac mono, no saleen's, no kawasaki

--- Post Updated ---

that thinks i do it:

1-download the game from steam

2-start tdu_unpacked_gui wait and then copy at the game directory

3-start UP 0.4 and install at the game directory

But the game is not unoffitial pached :(

Did you point the universal launcher to the up directory? I think it auto scans for a game and picks the first one it finds. You can change the location under tool->settings.

WellIt turns out that my game was not unpacked. I tried to put new cars in the game, but nothing happened. May we will have to use unpacker of Knyazev

--- Post Updated ---

Did you point the universal launcher to the up directory? I think it auto scans for a game and picks the first one it finds. You can change the location under tool->settings.

Yes i pointed tdu_universal launcher to right directory of the game. Just the game is not unpacked yet

If you still have problems unpacking the steam-version of the game you can go another way. Install a piratecopy but use your legit steam-key during installation no cracked one. Then you update via Uplauncher until build16 v034. Then you copy the hole tdu2-folder elsewhere (leave the original installation untouched). Unpack the copied folder and then install TDU2UP. Important: You have to setup the Universal-Launcher then to the unpacked folder not the original installation.

Edit:

btw: nice to see that you found a cheap legit copy of the game. ;)

If the file extraction with Knyazev unpacker not help I'll try your version .My Pirate game is to version 034 bild16 + unofficial pach0.4.There only bikes is missing.

--- Post Updated ---

Thank you and i am so happy because i realy want to play online but my sallary is low and the money not enough for anything. now i wait Knyazev unpaker do his job and see what happens :)

--- Post Updated ---

so here's what I did to fix my game:

1-install the game with dlc-s

2-install tdu_unpacker_gui (not work i think)

3-install unoffitial patch 04

4-download knyazew unpacker v2.2 and extract to the game.

5-run "unpacker_full" bat file and wait

6-install again UP04

7- start game with knyazev universall launcher.

And now the game work and everything is ok.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped me get my game to be able to finally join you. thank you guys!!!

tdu2.ml/up/tutorial[/url] is a pretty simple tutorial how to unpack and install the game.

Do not mix two versions of different unpacker at one time. Use GUI and extract to different folder, or use bat and extract to existing directory. I would recommend GUI because it has most up to date filelist.

Man i want to ask someting at PM, but your inbox maybe is full, because i can't send to you PM

Really random question, but roughly how many free car spaces are there left in TDU2 for new vehicles? does anyone know, and is it possible to "add new dealers" to increase the amount of slots. I know this was obviously done in DLC2 with the bikes but that would require a map change which would be bad for online play, so would a "virtual" dealer work, like you go into an existing dealer and can press a button to go to a "back room" or something? don't know if that is even vaguely possible but I thought it was a cool idea!

-Carlstone13

Not just 30, there are really much more.

Nobody needs to have the same cars available on both islands, so you can fill every dealer with different rides ;) There are 21 dealers on Ibiza and another 21 on Oahu. Every dealer has 8 slots, that makes 336 Slots available.

Until now we got 169 different rides in the game, including all license cars, all police cars, the club cars, DLC rides, duell cars, wreck cars, UP...

Without all the special stuff that can't be bought at dealers (just the rides you can buy in a showroom) there are only 123 left, including all DLC and Unofficial Patch.

All that calculated together there are 213 slots left in the showrooms where cars can be offered.

Only bad thing is that there are "only" 280 garage slots, so even when someone fills up all showroom slots with different vehicles without any doubles you run out of free garage space before you have bought all the rides.

So the question you have to ask first is how to add new houses instead of how to add new showrooms ;)