We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

yeah it is.. :D by reality i mean when you drive the car in game.. :D (in store: 285 when you drive: 252) that completely stupid limiter.. :D

but 285 still seems too high. theres a lot of examples of it in 80s and 90s. front is very aerodynamic, car has hp to survive over 270 (example) but because of a fat wing, car only does 255-260.

and also wheels were small at that timezone too :D (supra being one of the exceptions with its 17 inch wheels on tt) if you look with the today's perspective, r32 gtr with 15 inch wheels is just lol :D nowadays, if the front is aerodynamically good enough, the same hp car can do like 300 without wings. because of wheel diffenece.

considering the tech at the time, 285 still seems too high even while supra is standing out. i think a wingless one could easily do that.

285km/h was confirmed in few independent tests. Theoretical top speed is even higher. Supra with its low drag coefficient (0.32 without wing, unknown with wing), frontal area of 20.1 sq/ft and 320bhp can top at 305 km/h. With wing it might be around 300km/h or slightly less (evaluated drag coefficient for the wing can vary from 0.34 to 0.36).

Wheel size has nothing to do with the top speed :lol:. It only makes the car faster at the same rpm compared to smaller wheel (what can be fixed by adjusting gear ratios) but when engine reaches its limits the only thing that matters are aerodynamics and horsepower.

Well, cars of TDU2 have values for fuel consumption but as we all know it is not working so I don't see the purpose of discussing diameter to fuel consumption relation ;).

Answering your question. This is not so simple. Bigger diameter = bigger load, slower acceleration etc. Some engines obtain best fuel efficiency at higher RPM but lower load - it depends. And yes, it will screw up the speedometer and odometer. Better way to save money on fuel is to buy eco tires and change driving style.

Well, cars of TDU2 have values for fuel consumption but as we all know it is not working so I don't see the purpose of discussing diameter to fuel consumption relation ;).

Answering your question. This is not so simple. Bigger diameter = bigger load, slower acceleration etc. Some engines obtain best fuel efficiency at higher RPM but lower load - it depends. And yes, it will screw up the speedometer and odometer. Better way to save money on fuel is to buy eco tires and change driving style.

Ah... :lol: thanks. And it's fine about fuel, i just thought that change the wheels might help, so i could use that as an argument to my father replace the 15" hubcaps to 17" alloys... Hahaha

285km/h was confirmed in few independent tests. Theoretical top speed is even higher. Supra with its low drag coefficient (0.32 without wing, unknown with wing), frontal area of 20.1 sq/ft and 320bhp can top at 305 km/h. With wing it might be around 300km/h or slightly less (evaluated drag coefficient for the wing can vary from 0.34 to 0.36).

Wheel size has nothing to do with the top speed :lol:. It only makes the car faster at the same rpm compared to smaller wheel (what can be fixed by adjusting gear ratios) but when engine reaches its limits the only thing that matters are aerodynamics and horsepower.

thanks for correcting me :D i always thought that changing gear ratios would hurt acceleration much more than installing bigger wheels on it. :D

so, supra must have very good torque curve then. you know, good torque curve brings more power with same amount of torque :D and power equals speed :D

but i didnt understand this: why did you advertise it as 285 kmh and made it go 252? im asking because of curiosity :D (btw it would be better if you fix this and ram srt-10. :D It is just a suggestion. (some people dont seem to understand that... :D) )

edit: EPIC FAIL... :fp: :fp: :fp: :headbang3: :headbang3: :headbang3: opened the game today and did 290 with supra.. forget my suggestion :D somehow it bugged and didnt get past 252 yesterday.. :D :fp: :headbang3: and ram srt-10 says 247kmh in specs not 271 :fp: :fp: :headbang3: :headbang3:

Hi, I'm still a noob to TDU and Turboduck. I Have a couple of questions, Do you have to install all the Unofficial Patches or just the latest one? And was some cars replaced or just missing like the Jaguar?

--- Post Updated ---

And great work by the way, I absolutely love the Lambos

Hi, I'm still a noob to TDU and Turboduck. I Have a couple of questions, Do you have to install all the Unofficial Patches or just the latest one? And was some cars replaced or just missing like the Jaguar?

You only need to install the latest update(v0.4), you do need to have your game unpacked if you want the new cars.Xarlith : TDU2 Unpacker GUI [v1.1] - Japan Language Support | turboduck forum The cars don't replace anything but go in unused slots by atri/Eden. And welcome :).

If you one day think of playing online then you have to update to the latest version (build16 v034). Otherwise you will not be able to play online. The game just doesn't start in online-mode with older versions. It was changed during DLC1 or DLC2 if i remember right.

But if you use the patch at the moment, you will have to unpack the game afterwards and reinstall the patch. Saving the hole bnk-folder before updating would maybe be important.

Is it just me on this issue? Aventador has a couple of interiors to choose from, however, only the black interior works.

It isn't just you and it isn't just the Aventador. Can't think of a car mod right now that had the ability to change interior color.