We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

I also accidently started once via uplauncher after installing the patch. The only thing that happened was the transformation of all patchcars into miami mustangs. Everything else stayed as it was. (Maybe i had luck, because i have two folders of the game. One with the original installation and one with the unpacked patched game.)

@Donnie

That wasn't luck. Once that accidentally starting with the original launcher happened to me, too. Every patch car was a Miami Mustang, but nothing else happened. Fortunately I always make a save backup before starting, so I could send the "Pink Plague" to hell and restore all my patch cars ;-)

@lucasbellier:

When I used the universal launcher for the first time, there where no changes in the savegame, no matter if used with the vanilla version or with the unpacked. Your problem has nothing to to with the launcher. Maybe it just was a coincidence and something else caused the reset of your save.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg when did I last post here?

Anyway, got back into TDU2, got the retail version so I used the retail download link.

The thread says 0.1b while thread says 0.1c but with it installed, I can't see all the cars like the Aventador etc.

The dealership positions are right, however, just the extra cars are missing.

And yes, I have installed it right.

The thread says 0.1b while thread says 0.1c but with it installed, I can't see all the cars like the Aventador etc.

The dealership positions are right, however, just the extra cars are missing.

And yes, I have installed it right.

You downloaded the patch for the packed, original version. Here you do not have the Aventador and stuff. You need to unpack your game and install the patch v0.4 for the unpacked game.

Here you see what content each patch has:

TDU2 Unofficial Patch Changelogs

Would it be possible to remove the "cluncking" sound while gear changing? It sort of interupts the smoothness of the change

Then they need to update all carsound. This depends on every carsound individually

You downloaded the patch for the packed, original version. Here you do not have the Aventador and stuff. You need to unpack your game and install the patch v0.4 for the unpacked game.

Here you see what content each patch has:

TDU2 Unofficial Patch Changelogs

I tried that as well but same issue.

My understanding of it is that the 0.4 version is for the steam version which I do not have as mine is retail.

No the version 0.4 is not made for the steam version. As far as i know it can also used for the steam version.

You have to unpack your retail-version and then install the version 0.4 to have all cars and bugfixes which are mentioned in the first post.

Here you have a full explanation what to do:

How to unpack TDU2 How to install TDU2 mods. Ask for help in here! [PC ONLY] | turboduck forum

Maybe the explanation "for retail version" is a bit misunderstanding.

You have to unpack your retail-version and then install the version 0.4 to have all cars and bugfixes which are mentioned in the first post.

This^

You will need to unpack your game to get access to all features of the TDU2-UP V0.4, including the new cars and fixes like the offset wheels fix and holes in cockpit fix.

The "retail" version only patches things that can be done without unpacking the game.

:duck: