We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

Hey again guys, on the topic of my review videos (I know a couple of you watch them) As you may know they stopped because my mic broke, then my new one arrived damaged so I have roughly another week of waiting till my replacement arrives, hopefully in one piece!

until then a friend of mine has lent me a mic, it is very old and cheap, and really doesn't pick up sound very well, but at least it works.

I released a video about an hour ago using it, and would like feedback from the people who do watch my videos on whether I should use it or not

-Carlstone13

Alright, thank you very much for the feedback, that was literally as loud as I can possibly get the mic, I'm estimating my new headset will arrive on Thursday or Friday, but it's shipping from America so may take some time.

In the meantime my IRL vids may continue, and maybe I'll try doing a few videos with this mic, but nothing too major, maybe just cruise videos with other people

-Carlstone13

I have been trying to install the patch. i have the game on steam. I have unpacked the game into my downloads folder and applied the patch but when i click on the universal launcher i get a error message from Microsoft .NET Framework. the error code is shown below. How do i fix this?

26/10/2014 22:04: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)

at _UL_Functions._UL_Function.RunGame(Boolean console, String hash, String mode)

at TDU2_Universal_Launcher.Program.Main(String[] Args)

I have been trying to install the patch. i have the game on steam. I have unpacked the game into my downloads folder and applied the patch but when i click on the universal launcher i get a error message from Microsoft .NET Framework. the error code is shown below. How do i fix this?
1. The unpacked game in the new folder is free of Steam control.

2. maybe your .NET already has an error or you did not set the path to the TDU2 unpacked folder? Open Unilauncher -> Tools -> Settings, then click the upper folder icon and navigate to the right folder where the unpacked game is in.

------------------

I discovered Bugs (or undocumented features?) from the patch. The Miami Mustang now doesn't reach 193kmh on tuning stage 4, it does 188kmh now and it rattles at the limiter (what it didn't do before the UP). And the Audi R8 5.2 coupe does not accelerate as fast as it did in the un-patched game. The R8 spyder is now accelerating faster. I measured the 5.2 coupe with around 4-4.1sec from 0 to 100kmh and it should do around 3.7 (values apply to tuning 4). General overall performance of this R8 became poor.

And these are only 2 cars I came across.

Don't get me wrong, the UP 0.4 is wonderful and I like it very much. but I'm still wondering how cars get affected in performance when only some other cars have been added?

1. The unpacked game in the new folder is free of Steam control.

2. maybe your .NET already has an error or you did not set the path to the TDU2 unpacked folder? Open Unilauncher -> Tools -> Settings, then click the upper folder icon and navigate to the right folder where the unpacked game is in.

------------------

I discovered Bugs (or undocumented features?) from the patch. The Miami Mustang now doesn't reach 193kmh on tuning stage 4, it does 188kmh now and it rattles at the limiter (what it didn't do before the UP). And the Audi R8 5.2 coupe does not accelerate as fast as it did in the un-patched game. The R8 spyder is now accelerating faster. I measured the 5.2 coupe with around 4-4.1sec from 0 to 100kmh and it should do around 3.7 (values apply to tuning 4). General overall performance of this R8 became poor.

And these are only 2 cars I came across.

Don't get me wrong, the UP 0.4 is wonderful and I like it very much. but I'm still wondering how cars get affected in performance when only some other cars have been added?

Please report bugs here http://www.tdu2.ml/up/bugreport

3 variants:

1- you havent last updates and unoffitial patch 0.4

2- your game isn't unpacked

3-explore the map

1 and 2 is unlogical, u have the bike shop and the Bugatti shops even when have not installed the unoffitial patch and even if your game is vanilla and packed.

Only for me plausible reasons are

1 shops not found yet

2 game is not updated to the latest original Atari patch, at least less than original DLC2 patch, wich added the new shops.

Some pages ago I posted maps of Ibiza and Hawaii with all shops marked on it, maybe this will help finding the missing shops ;)

Edit: just thougt about it again and found out: when something terribly went wrong while unpacking the game could cause the problem too. So giving it another try to unpack maybe solves the problem.