We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

Guys. whatever happens is entirely up to the team.

Minime, Xarleth...all of them, have done amazing work (btw sorry guys I really cant spell!)

They've bought TDU2 a long way with the UP.

But it is their project.

None of us can tell them what to do. modding is not easy, expecially making good quality ones (I used to produce mods for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas)

And these people have lives to live too....this is a non profit side project.

so while it is amazing. it is entirely theirs and up to them if/when it ends.

So yes. I don't want the Patch to end. But I would rather have happy modders then a rushed and bad quality patch.

Because they are people too.

(I'm going to make a video to explain this better, I don't know how to put this stuff lol!)

And this last bit is purely to tduchicken.

Your mods are not the best, Nor are they terrible. they're probably much better than I could do.

But you do need to start perfecting them.

Take the time to make them as good as they can be.

And use the feedback you get to help you in every way it can.

If you keep at it you will improve.

But try to make the best use of the amazing resource you have here.

Us, and our feedback.

I installed your chickenpatch and I'm sorry to say I wouldn't call it finished....I showed some stuff in my racing with Fussel vid, and will make another one explaining more to you.

But I will still say good job to you. it just needs perfecting!

Thanks for reading, I know this was long.

-Carlstone13

I just find it hard to get my head around that people see all mods the same. Once i can get over that i will be normal.

But let's face it i don't think i will so i will just go back to making mods for people and stay away from here.

I guess i am the new tool831 so like him i am off. Cya

Minime please reconsider don't leave us.

Amen to Carlstone. If you use "you already made a lot of great stuff" as an argument, why don't enjoy the good stuff they already made? 0.5 might come in a future, but 0.4 is also awesome, right? Let the modders set their own priorities. They have to continue because of you? Did you pay them? Did you help them? Did you do anything to make the patch what it is now?

Freelance modding for the community. Just another version which might be not possible, sad as it is, respect it. Xarlith and Minime do this for the community, and not for themselves.

Exactly my point Loekie, I just wish I could say it as well as you haha!

Modding communities are great, but these people do it for no profit, they literally get nothing from it. so if they want to stop, it's their choice.

I can only hope they don't, but I wont try to beg for them to keep effectively wasting their time for no profit of their own.

To be honest, but this is a stupid comment, sorry.
And yours so, was stupid to !

I'm worry about everything at this point, and excuse my words but being french make my understanding of all of this, in part flawed by my lack of wise, especially when it touch something that i like that much !

Is it necessary to punish me for being worry about this ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
one of the thing i dont like about car physics is that it has a speed limiter. going up hill at 220kph, going down hill...still 220kph,lol! are there a mod for this or something? i thought this patch would fix it

No there is not mod like that you ask. Speed limiter is based at the game and you can't do anything abouth that. speed limits is 220, 236,252,275,288,307,329,351,375,401,429 and 458 km/h for different cars. You can't rize your car more than these numbers.only way is with tuning.

No there is not mod like that you ask. Speed limiter is based at the game and you can't do anything abouth that. speed limits is 220, 236,252,275,288,307,329,351,375,401,429 and 458 km/h for different cars. You can't rize your car more than these numbers.only way is with tuning.

thanks for a fast answer :)

How do these cars have their own physics yet the other mods not? Why can't we edit vanilla cars physics like we can in 1st TDU?

There is a tool called Vehicle Property Editor by binbow, which does allow you to do so. But since I don't know how to use the physics editor, I hope you can do something with it.

ßeta TDU2 vehicle property editor UPDATED | turboduck forum

Playing with modified physical properties, e.g. "corrected" top speed to a higher value, is not fair to those who play the game with original ones and is not better than cheating. So when you want to be faster than everyone use a trainer, that's not better as well but only temporarily and you can keep the game files clear.

For people who have Steam version and want to use in steam Play button to start this patched version:

Rename TDU2_Universal_Launcher.exe to UpLauncher.exe and place it in your steam games directory.

(For example; Steam\steamapps\common\Test Drive Unlimited 2)

Open that (renamed) UpLauncher.exe that you just copied to your steam TDU2 dir and press "Tool" then "Settings", and point it to your patched version of TDU2. Click "Save" then "Close". You're done.

Now open steam, find TDU2 and click "Play" in steam, it will open that universal launcher, select online or offline and play. Steam will also show that you are in game, that is ".... is now in-game playing Test Drive Unlimited 2"

Small update about steam stuff and this patch. If you want to still get Steam Achievements with your unpacked and patched version of TDU2, copy steam_api.dll from original steam TDU2 folder and place it in the folder where is your unpacked and patched TDU2 game is.

I tested this and it works. Getting Steam Achievements with TDU2 uP v0.4 patch :) Awesome!

Note: my patched game is in "Steam\steamapps\common\Test Drive Unlimited 2" (where the original was) i just renamed original tdu2 folder to something else, created new "Test Drive Unlimited 2" folder in "Steam\steamapps\common\" and placed my unpacked/patched tdu2 in it. Works like a charm!

Posting this here, because i know some of you might want to use this patch, run game directly from steam and get steam's achievements like you would on the original game.