We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

It's patch related issue which I already fixed, I was in a hurry when releasing 0.2, sorry. Next week I will be back working on the TDU2UP so this and other 0.2 related bugs should be soon eliminated.

Nice:thumbsup:

PS does this spinning happen in FA, SP or just HC mode? Switching modes can make some cars/bikes more driveable.

Well, I gave the Desmosedici a go and there's nothing wrong with the 1st gear. Manual or automatic.

Somehow it feels the wheels are spinning a lot more now when accelerating, but I haven't been driving bikes for a while now, so I might be wrong.

I have also noticed wheel spining especially on Harley Davidson, which is kind of cool :)

i found a bug. the game throws itself in an infinite loop (circling dots) when the game tries to load the save second time (like when dlc hack detected or cheater detected msgs show up) the game throws itself in an infinite loop just before the start screen appears. it isnt doing this with normal game and unpacked game with no mods. i dled the latest version from tdumods.com. i can see the start screen just after alt+f4 but the game closes. can u fix this little bug? :)

also the paint on the v6 mustang seems to be a lot more shinier than it should. (like you select white as the reflecting colour with bicolor paint)

and with some of the cars bicolor paint does not work really well (it isnt really a problem to me lol but the not-reflecting color needs to be a little darker)(i love bicolor painting with dark/light variants of same color lol)

sorry for long post i tried to get as much info as possible

Xarlith that's some nice news ;)

But I have bug to report. I posted this few times and nobody responded. The pointers on the speedo in a few cars (originals) as Golf, Audi S3, Touareg etc. are flickering. I posted few threads ( first with a video and second where TomSolo made red pointers but that didn't help ). I just used Golf as example, but few cars to fix at the beggining would be nice ;) I hope you understood my message :D

you can reproduce it by opening cheat engine in online mode that should go to start screen with "cheater detected" but instead it is doing an endless loop. but i didnt tried it. lets have a try :D i only saw it by dlc hack detected screen.

edit: behavior is different with cheat engine. it stays in the loop for 3-4 seconds then a splash of startup screen appears about half a sec with familiar sound of cheater detected message then does a 1 sec loading and im in the start screen. i press start and it does that same with a msg but on both screens and the box is empty :D

lol there is really something strange... i have backup with nearly all dlc cars (my regular online savegame) but it just throws itself into a loop. and its the same screen (the first one) with cheat engine after i press alt+f4.

also on that screen its not the camera u set in the patch. camera is just in the middle of the ocean half a sec then on second scr. its the camera u set. it somehow passes the loop with cheat engine but with dlc it doesnt seem to pass it.

there is really something stange. maybe its the special camera i dunno. on normal unpacked it didnt do anything like that. dlc hack screen, i replace saves and go. (i did tests with fresh unpacked game to see if it is working properly berfore i install this patch.)

edit 2: its also bugged now :D i looked at it and it now reloads the start screen every 5 seconds :D it is really weird lol one with empty notification box (supposed to write "cheater detected" :D ) and one with not. :D i think its a different sort of loop :D

edit 3: i copied my backup of regular profile and i cant seem to get out of that loading loop regardless i have dlc or not :D it started to get really funny :D i have never seen such a messed up game in my life :D :D

edit 4: if you cant get any info on fixing it i can try re-copying unpacked files and reinstalling patch (the fresh non-edited ones)(i have them on another partition so windows automaticly copies them lol)

If I'm driving the Lambo Countach (from this patch, not the Ascari replacement) in cockpit view, and use the "look backwards" key of my wheel, so there is no looking backwards, just another foreward looking, through the back glass this time.

Did someone else experience this? Perhaps a little bug?

@Xarlith: Did you get my PM about the hawaiian gas station?

franks: i dont have any problem i can see the world form really narrow rear window :D (only the world not the road lol)(its not a bug) i think you should re-unpack the game and/or reinstall the patch.

edit: and btw why my avatar changes in my every post? :D

edit 2: Jorgemodek: i think you should make it bigger and bolder :D and something like red :D it also needs to get posted in first post :D

Hi there! Found this yerterday on the Steam community forums and installed it. It's a good excuse to come back to the game anyway. I have some bugs i'd like to report (packed version) :

- New cars steer by themselves sometimes. I bought the Nissan 370Z Nismo, Hot Rod and Ford Mustang Premium and the three of them do it. In the cabin view, when steering like this (i mean, not touching the joystick) the wheel doesn't move at all.

- Lambo Countach and Shelby GT500K were nowhere to be found.

- About the Chrisler, it was at the southern US car dealer, but it looked like this

[ATTACH]18948[/ATTACH]

It was a surprise for me to find this, i though that the game was dead for sure, so i'm willing to help by reporting any weird thing i could find ;) Oh, yeah, i'm hermano_nintendo from the official forums, so i'm pleased to see some good old ones over here too :D

Euh... no. As i said, i installed the patch for the packed version of the game ^^U I don't know if these bugs are known or not, if they aren't, here they are now.

Hi Hermano

You need to unpack the game first and install the full version to get the Lamborghini and any other new car. The packed version can not add new cars to the game.

Have fun :D

Well, i can upload screencaps if you want ^^U

So i have to unpack the game anyway? Damn, i'm short of disk space :( I read that it needs about 30 GB. I'll need to uninstall some games =/

EDIT: Well, now that i think about it, the cars i bought are somehow incomplete too. V6 Premium, 4.2 FSI and Nismo failed me when i selected the color at the moment of buying them, and even when creating a private race with a friend the color of the 4.2 FSI changed to the one i choosed at the dealer (yep, the 4.2 FSI was avaiable too)

EDIT: Well, now that i think about it, the cars i bought are somehow incomplete too. V6 Premium, 4.2 FSI and Nismo failed me when i selected the color at the moment of buying them, and even when creating a private race with a friend the color of the 4.2 FSI changed to the one i choosed at the dealer (yep, the 4.2 FSI was avaiable too)

That's not a bug, that's a feature :lol: even with the unpacked version, you will see it. No just kidding. Xarlith knows about that already, and will fix it with an upcoming version of this patch.