We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

4 minutes ago, Psychosis said:

I'm having problems with invisible clothes and not being able to buy furniture as well.

Is there also a way to get back the DLC packs within the offline thing?

To get the DLC content in the game, download and copy-paste this patch of the latest version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CSGTirP4BRwM9O1nBY1YJdk0qLCfQxTs/view

The official update servers are down, so it has to be done manually.

Install it on a stock game, that isn't unpacked or anything mod related. You can mod again after the update is installed.

9 hours ago, Aquarious said:

To get the DLC content in the game, download and copy-paste this patch of the latest version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CSGTirP4BRwM9O1nBY1YJdk0qLCfQxTs/view

The official update servers are down, so it has to be done manually.

Install it on a stock game, that isn't unpacked or anything mod related. You can mod again after the update is installed.

Okay, but do you have possible clues about some of the clothing items and furniture being broken? Is it related to this DLC mess that I don't have?

The manual update did work fine though, thanks!

Edited by Psychosis

1 hour ago, Aquarious said:

Not sure what's causing that, I don't have any issues like that.

If I have to take a guess, the textures might be corrupted. Try reinstalling the game, that's your best bet.

Yeah actually updating the game manually to the latest version fixed that so it's all good. How's TDU world project coming along, if you don't mind me asking?

Good to hear 🙂

TDU World is coming along nicely, though there isn't much to announce yet. We're currently doing a lot of research on how the multiplayer part of the game worked exactly. This is done so we better understand what the game needs to have a well working server.

We're also making a modpack on the side, that's coming along nicely as well. We might give a sneak peek in the near future. 🙂 I often post about the modpack progress in our Discord channel, you can join if you want: https://discord.gg/TX2QDB6

• 4 weeks later...

Despite the fact that the original modders are gone away from a long time ago (I suppose), I wanted to thank you for the work, love and dedication to patch this game and make it more complete, more enjoyable for us.

What I like the most from this mod is that it focus on bugfixes and to complete unfinished cars already ingame, instead of adding new ones and replacing old ones, keeping the original experience and completing it like the devs would do.

That's why I don't download the autopack mods. I want to discover the original roster of cars from this specific era instead of having very modern and lot of hypercars. I don't denigrate the work of the autopack mods, as some modders worked on this unofficial patch and made a wonderful work bringing those cars into TDU 2. It's only my own preferences.

Also it's a shame that the development of this unofficial patch was stopped years ago, because it would be worth it to continue.

But with the new TDU Solar Crown coming soon, it's ok. 😋 So thanks again, really love this game and this rewarding exploration and cruising, sim experience that no other games have reached yet.

• 3 months later...

Is there any way to check whether the Unofficial Patch was properly installed or not? I was under the assumption that this patch added new cars like the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, but it and various other cars listed in the original post are nowhere to be found. I have the same issue with the AutoPack.

• 4 months later...

I tried installing both the unpacked game and the UP but The game crashed everytime I launched. Tried everything on the internet with no solution until I found out that UP 0.4 isnt compatible with the unpacked game. How can I have both the unpacked game and the UP? (I'm new to this game and I just want to install a few car mods and have been trying to fix this issue for a few days now) Thanks!

I knew the new version might have been inconvinient for people with custom mods. That's way I've just updated the installer for version 0.4.1. It features Advanced Install mode just for unpacked game. You need re-download the Unofficial Patch installer from the files page and select "Advanced" during installation process. Please note that when you install additional mods you are on your own if something goes wrong.

Make sure that TDU2UPv041.big and TDU2UPv041.map files are not present in unpacked game directory otherwise game won't start. Those are only for packed game.

Good morning, dear Xarlith.

The installation procedure went out flawlessy and was not difficult at all - easy, instead. And all ran fine since its first start.

Just a question: may I hope in finding the way to tne Ferrari cars of any time in the future? This is a missing feature also in this edition.

Not to force you in anything at all, but... I'm Italian, so I had to ask, you know. 😆

With best compliments and regards.

Edited by JagHond

Thank you for the feedback.

As much as I would like to make all Ferrari geeks happy I couldn't make them tunable. To be able to play on official servers without being 'a cheater' in the eyes of other players this mod was created with the vanilla game balance in mind. Ability to tune Ferraris would be unfair to other non-UP online players. For example one of the best A2 cars, Ferrari 458 Italia, when tuned is outperforming all A2 and some A1 cars.

The temptation to 'fix' all the performance inacurattness in the game has always been strong but for the mentioned reason UP never crossed that line.

Since TDUW provides their own online service their future modpack could take much more liberal approach to the tuning and performance balance of all the cars in the game.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, Xarlith said:

Thank you for the feedback.

As much as I would like to make all Ferrari geeks happy I couldn't make them tunable. To be able to play on official servers without being 'a cheater' in the eyes of other players this mod was created with the vanilla game balance in mind. Ability to tune Ferraris would be unfair to other non-UP online players. For example one of the best A2 cars, Ferrari 458 Italia, when tuned is outperforming all A2 and some A1 cars.

The temptation to 'fix' all the performance inacurattness in the game has always been strong but for the mentioned reason UP never crossed that line.

Since TDUW provides their own online service their future modpack could take much more liberal approach to the tuning and performance balance of all the cars in the game.

Thanks for your kind reply, dear Xarlith. And a positive feedback was owed, given the results.

You have been clear with your explainations, and made me convinced. Fair enough, I mean.

I have to face a severe issue, now. At all of a sudden, TDUW remains still 'blocked' at the first screen after the launch... no other chance available than close it (or reinstalling all from scratch, but this would mean a real pain and losing all the progresses made).

I made any possible kind of changes from the orignal stock settings, but I can't find the way to solve that.

Add to this also the fact that I'm obliged to change my password every time I'm attempting to log in these forums since a four days ago - never happened before, and my dish of patience is becoming to be full.

What's happening here, mate? Help me, please.

With best regards.

Thanks for your kind reply and sorry for bothering... I would figure that on my own (lack of experience, though).

Another weird and annoying issue: to whom should I address my  complain about the continuous need to insert a new password every time I attempt a login to these Forums? Just can't figure what should I do and what bad I did, really.

Just can't imagine now, please understand and help me.

With bets regards.

Hi there, 

I have kind of a same issue as "jamesmaylucky". After installing the mod my game just crashes at launch. I have retail game, fresh install of version v068 build 0 (so no DLCs). Do I need to install the latest DLC update to make the mod work? 

Thanks in advance

UP is based on TDU2 v034 DLC2. I highly recommend to download and install the updates. However, during my tests, I was able to pass the boot screen and launch the non updated game. It crashed when I tried to access DLC2 content (bike dealership) which is normal.

Game was sold in several language versions, the russian one differs the most - maybe it has to be updated. Let us know how you solved it.

Edited by Xarlith

Well I downloaded the v034 DLC2 update (confirmed by new events and car wrecks) but to no success with UP. Still crashes on launch. Will try reinstalling the game later. 

About the language version, I have the Polish/English version.