We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2: Unofficial Patch

Xarlith

I have the Polish/English version as well. Mod was tested by several people - different configs. Both PL and EU versions worked.

Please try to re-install the game. I read on discord it was helpfull for a guy with the same issue. UP is basically 3 files - TDU2UPv041.big, TDU2UPv041.map and GamePC.cpr. ATM I still don't know why in most of the cases it works flawlessly but few people had to reinstall the game to be able to play with UP. Very strange.

May I ask you to share a list or screenshot of all files in your TDU2 main directory? Maybe you are missing something.

Edited by Xarlith

Okay. I know what was wrong. Thank you for the folder view - it helped a lot.

Please download the file attached to this post and copy to TDU2 main folder (overwrite if asked to). That should fix the crash.

Now the explanation. While preparing the second version of the 0.4.1 installer (with support for unpacked game) as a final step I wanted to optimize the install archive for maximum compression. While doing it I forgot to include GamePC.cpr file in the archive. 7z format allows for adding new files to an existing archive but apparently NSIS 7z plugin can't extract added files from the archive. Extracted GamePC.cpr was empty. Testers had access to the beta version of the installer that was not affected by the bug.

Most of the players were installing TDUW on top of UP. TDUW overwrites UP broken GamePC.cpr with a new one - game works.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It was my mistake. Soon I'm gonna update the installer. As a temporary fix use the attached file mentioned above.

EDIT:
Fixed installer has just been uploaded to the download page.

GamePC.cpr

Edited by Xarlith

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I want to install the Unofficial Patch, but my game requires the DLC2 update first. I have tried multiple times to download the update through the links provided in this thread, I have copied the update into my TDU2 folder, but when I launch the game, it is still the old version with no DLC2. I must be doing something wrong, any tips on how I can make this work?

Hi Xarlith (and others who might have solution),

I have no idea if this is the right place, but I have a problem. I'm running TDU2 DLC2 v034 with the Unofficial Patch installed. It generally works like a charm! I have one problem however. The game keeps crashing if I enter a specific area. It's the town in the East-South-East part of Ibiza, part of the Northernmost challenge of the C4 High competition. Whenever I go there, be it in a zoomed level on the map, or in a car, either in the competition or outside the competition, the game crashes. It initially started in the yellow circle, but I seemed to have fixed that by lowering the graphic settings. Now it happens every time I enter the red circle. 

Do you (or anyone) have an idea as to how to fix this? 

I've attached my DxDiag. Two crash reports can be accessed trough this link: https://files.fm/u/yfw6xm3mv

Thanks in advance!

tdu 2.png

DxDiag.txt

On 7/25/2021 at 6:49 AM, Malcolm said:

Hello, I want to install the Unofficial Patch, but my game requires the DLC2 update first. I have tried multiple times to download the update through the links provided in this thread, I have copied the update into my TDU2 folder, but when I launch the game, it is still the old version with no DLC2. I must be doing something wrong, any tips on how I can make this work?

Scroll through this guide and see  if this helps:

8 hours ago, Xarlith said:

'Previous method' is more complicated no longer needed and online won't work.

Do not unpack. Install the DLC2 following the video and then install UP.

I will give that a try, thanks!

Will I have to restart the game though? Or can I keep my progress? I'm fine with just playing offline.

Edited by Malcolm
Forgot to ask a question

okay so after messing with it for like half a day and a fresh install, I for some reason still can't get the new patch to work it still boots with the normal title screen I've tried launching it with both the original TDU2 launcher in the directory and with the universal launcher with no luck but the DLC2 stuff works fine, is there a third option I'm missing or do I need to install the TDU world or am I missing something thanks in advance

edit its the steam version too

Edited by DBXJ

You don't have to install TDU World.

The whole UP mod is packed into 2 files - TDU2UPv041.big and TDU2UPv041.map. Those two files have to be present in the game directory. If these are not there - that's the case, the installer failed to install the patch there but I don't know why.

Edited by Xarlith

6 hours ago, Xarlith said:

You don't have to install TDU World.

The whole UP mod is packed into 2 files - TDU2UPv041.big and TDU2UPv041.map. Those two files have to be present in the game directory. If these are not there - that's the case, the installer failed to install the patch there but I don't know why.

Well I'm not quite sure what happened but it appears to be working now, I uninstalled the patch double checked every thing then reinstalled it and now it works only thing I can think of that was causing a problem was the virus protection which updated this morning but it never threw any sort of warning when installed before so I don't know.

Edited by DBXJ

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, it's not normal. Every standard car is obtainable.

All the issues people having with the 'missing' cars is the effect of rearranged models in the car salons. It was made to free up the space for upcomming mods.

Where are the cars then? On each island there are two car salons of the same brands. Two Audi, two Ferrari salons etc. Some cars, such as R8, are only present in one of the Audi salons.

There should be an image, posted somewhere in this thread, showing all of the dealerships and its content.

• 1 month later...

I can't get the game to run, every time I try to start the game a pop up comes up and says "This software must be authenticated online prior to use. For activation a valid serial number and an active Internet connection is required." I have no idea what I am supposed to do about this, as this has never been an issue with the game before.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, ZororiSucks said:

I can't get the game to run, every time I try to start the game a pop up comes up and says "This software must be authenticated online prior to use. For activation a valid serial number and an active Internet connection is required." I have no idea what I am supposed to do about this, as this has never been an issue with the game before.

It's asking you to activate your game with a valid serial code.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 8:06 PM, Aquarious said:

It's asking you to activate your game with a valid serial code.

I know that but I don't have a serial code, the game never come with one or at least i don't think it did when I bought it back when you could still buy it on steam

Edited by ZororiSucks