We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Microsoft Teases 'huge' Xbox 360 Announcement For E3 [gamespot]

Soundwave

xbox360_logo.jpg

VP Phil Spencer says company will support current-gen platform for "years to come," hints at "surprising" announcement for E3.

Though Microsoft's future is the Xbox One, the platform holder is not leaving the Xbox 360 behind anytime soon.

Microsoft Game Studios executive Phil Spencer told GameSpot that the company will support the platform for "years to come" and even has a "huge" Xbox 360 announcement in the works for next month's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

"I think the Xbox 360 is going to be very vibrant for many years. In fact, we have a huge, I think it's huge, Xbox 360 announcement for E3 that I keep wanting to talk about, but I can't," Spencer said. "I think it will surprise people. I loved what we did last year with Minecraft; bring Minecraft to the box; six million units later it's kind of a beast. I think there's a lot of life in the Xbox 360 for years to come."

Over 77 million Xbox 360 units have been sold worldwide to date and Xbox Live membership stands at over 46 million users.

Microsoft is not the only company that plans to support current-generation platforms well into the future. Yesterday, Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen said the Battlefield and FIFA publisher will continue to support Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii through 2017 at least.

http://au.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-teases-huge-xbox-360-announcement-for-e3-6408719

What could it be? :hmmm: