We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

Getting Gold should be difficult though should it not, unless you're doing the perfect line and/or have an over-abundance of power compared to your opponents then the time and the points total should just be about enough to achieve. Watching mells earlier he had 2 instances where he basically won it on the line. :cool:

Out of interest have you tweaked any of the controller settings or are you playing default?

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I've played through the game a bit and here are my first thoughts

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with this game, but then again all my hope was lost upon the release date

The poor car list, dlc scams, lack of photomode are just some of the things that is annoying.

Lets get on to physics;

they are nothing but arcade. The amount of grip these cars have is just INSANE. I'll be releasing my G27 settings, I was able to take it down a notch to a point where it was playable with a wheel but man as far as grippy arcade physics go this one is really up there. They've actually managed to make physics worse than the beta which I don't know how they did it. It is absolutely impossible to drift without the handbrake(if you're lucky enough that is), even the muscle cars which should have very little traction feel like they're 4WD racing monsters. I think ryzza has put it really accurately it feels exactly like TDU1 without the HC mode.

Wheel support;

They've actually improved this a bit so it's a nice consolidation. The gear lags are decreased, there is some oscillation added while going on normal roads and the force feedback deadzone seem to be decreased too. However clutch is still broken. It only acts like a button it's either on or off, I fiddled with the clutch settings but it always ends up the same.

Graphics;

well I kept going on and on about it so lets get technical and see what's what. Yes that pic is taken on highest settings possible

[ATTACH]22046[/ATTACH]

these are some of the things that I would certainly expect from a 'next-gen' game to have. I mean some of the features like imperfect GI was in GTA4 a 7 year old game! The graphics are just a polished version of TDU2 with a few after effects on it and nothing else.

I thought that huge map would make up for the shortcomings but I'm afraid it's worse than that. It's certainly a down step from TDU1 with the car list and physics etc. my score would be MEH out of ten. But lets hope it gets improved I want this game to be good.

Getting Gold should be difficult though should it not, unless you're doing the perfect line and/or have an over-abundance of power compared to your opponents then the time and the points total should just be about enough to achieve. Watching mells earlier he had 2 instances where he basically won it on the line. :cool:

Out of interest have you tweaked any of the controller settings or are you playing default?

I haven't tweaked any of the controller settings - only set to hardcore (now switched to sport and feel no difference) and manual.

Also, I noticed that while going in a straight line, if you so as much tap the stick to turn, the car becomes almost uncontrollable and you need to immediately let off the gas to regain control - even then, you're off your intended path.

Golding some challenges is damn near impossible for me (and I've never had a game seriously give me trouble). The raid RUF mission was a no-go for me. I tried upwards of 40 times to t-bone that Raptor and only to get them down to a 7. Only other point to catch up to him is when you can cut him off on the dunes again (at which point you're stuck on silver).

I'll mess with my settings some more when I go back on it later and post them up.

Overall the handling seems much improved using a controller. You can drift your cars and when you do get it to drift it isn't too bad. But remember, this is an arcade game so don't expect handling akin to the Forza or GT series or any of the more serious sim racers.

My only real gripe with the handling now is the countersteer assistance which can't be turned off. It makes not crashing after you've just swerved to miss something quite difficult and frustrating. Yes! I missed a head on crash with that bus... but I hit the building in a different state because of the countersteer rubbish. IMO all assists should be off in Hardcore mode or give us an option so we can pick and choose exactly what we want help with.

As for the graphics, I don't see a problem with it. The game looks good, nothing like FH2(I see it gets compared to this a lot) but you have to remember TC is on 4 platforms compared to FH which is on 2 and TC is many times bigger than FH2.

Difficulty wise I've not really had the issues that someone above posted about. It can be difficult to get gold in skills(level your car up more and try again) but the missions haven't been a problem apart from the police chases, they are crazed and relentless.

I'd say it is worth the money. I've found it quite fun so far and the handling does improve the more you level your car up which is something that I didn't really notice in the betas.

ok here's my continued list

- it still can't detect whether the car has a sequential gearbox or a stickshift (you'll have to change the style manually unlike TDU)

- it still gives that throttle noise whenever you change gears even when you're standing still > this is the most annoying thing ever

- it still has autobrake below 20 mph

- countersteering is impossible, this is due to the inorganic way the physics engine works in this game.

- the engine noise is very low compared to other sounds and it cannot be adjusted

- skill challenges cannot be turned off

- No working mirrors still

other little things include lots of connection issues etc which are irrelevant in the long run.

One thing that in my opinion in the Nos is useless in low speed it just spins the wheels while accelerating sligthly faster then normal.

For me graphics aren't an issue since in runing on low@1024x600 but i'm having fun, still looking for the landmarks and the hidden cars, only completed the missions till the Drag race. done also the Ruf speed run.

Does anyone happen to know where to find the normal version of the Cooper S? I have the "Street Edition" from the pre-order, but it has pretty much no customization and only one spec, and I can't find the normal version to buy. The other pre-order cars are available, though.

I picked it up at midnight and played it for a couple hours. It started out well (story itself is godawful) and did a few of the driving challenges. Came back this morning to try it and it feels like it went from a 9/10 game for me to maybe a 7/10. Some challenges take me upwards of 25-30+ times to gold. I spent maybe an hour alone on the Ruf XFINITY challenge.

In manual mode, the shifts take too long. In hardcore, you can lose all your grip powering through a corner or landing a jump (losing control of your car). Anything you bump into will make you lose control (playing with gamepad). I can see the game employs catch-up - I was never a fan of that. The worse part is that you get points for being in first the duration of the race but it's only the last section that matters.

Right now the menus are too much, but I'll probably ease into them.

I'm on Xbox One by the way.

I wouldn't be too concerned about repeating missions for gold just now - if you're just ticking them off it would be better to do it much later with a much better car - also you'll probably be needing to get platinum medals later anyway.

Some shift timings seem accurate, but fast modern cars like the MP4-12C should have absolutely zero gear-change lag in sequential mode with auto clutch.

Similar to TDU, I find clutching-in and taking the foot of the gas with a dead straight wheel is the best way to handle big landings. Improved suspension parts later on also help here.

AI catchup might be more of a feature of the easy/normal races compared to the harder ones later. My McLaren wasn't as fast as recommended and so I'm not winning the first "Hard" race with Alita. I did the hour long race from Midwest Air Base to New York and kept fighting with two faster cars (using NOS and slipstreaming, and generally better cornering). I should have waited behind in 2nd for the final straight to slipstream across the line, but instead tried to block and ended up in 2nd. :mad:

ok here's my continued list

- it still can't detect whether the car has a sequential gearbox or a stickshift (you'll have to change the style manually unlike TDU)

- it still gives that throttle noise whenever you change gears even when you're standing still > this is the most annoying thing ever

- it still has autobrake below 20 mph

- countersteering is impossible, this is due to the inorganic way the physics engine works in this game.

- the engine noise is very low compared to other sounds and it cannot be adjusted

- skill challenges cannot be turned off

- No working mirrors still

other little things include lots of connection issues etc which are irrelevant in the long run.

Having to choose the type of manual you want involves more work yes but it isn't exactly a terrible thing either, since we now have choice. I would suggest going to sequential automatically for cars that have 7 forward gears.

Agreed with engine noise, although it does make the sudden appearance for low flying aircraft much more dramatic :lol:

I tested for the auto-brake yesterday and found it had been removed. It used to occur under 50kph but didn't - and I also didn't have the old problem of always stopping short of mission pads.

Yes, loads of inertia and weight shifting in this game - makes scramble skill challenges difficult when offroad.

Server appears good from the standpoint that I've just about always been in a near-full bubble with other players, although I've heard that this is causing problems when friends want to join up. I also keep seeing Xarlith on the large map when I suspect he isn't in that location. (Was in one spot for a very long time - perhaps a lunch break). Tried clicking on him to join but had no success. Last night I was kicked out 3 times and asked to restart the game. At least the errors messages are more descriptive.

If all cars handle like that Ruf CTR 3 then i guess illl be done with this game really fast :/ That car is just impossible to drive!

Without assists it wont even go straight and constantly wheel spinning, on full assists it wont turn so you brake to turn better and it breaks the traction in weird way spinning out instantly like wtf?

I feel like the assists are doing completely opposite to what they should

Yeah but that car has been pretty tough to handle in every game it's been in, so...

I wasn't looking forward to doing perf races in the McLaren 12C but after levelling up heaps (and earning loads of money) by doing PvP races (and kicking some serious posterior) I ended up tuning my Mustang to Perf spec and it's much better to handle, and also quicker, and doesn't have 7 gears. So plusses all round.

The%2520Crew2014-12-3-21-29-25.jpg

Winning: Global PvP (PC) rank of 75.

2014-12-03_00014.jpg

I had also Levelled up so much from PvP that I could also tune it to Raid spec.

2014-12-03_00012.jpg

Well my experience was going well...

The only problem I seemed to be having was the massive vibration through the wheel particularly off-road and then just after completing my first police evade with Troy the wheel seemed to be off centre while driving in a straight line.

I thought this was possibly to indicate car damage although hadn't noticed it before so went back to the garage but car was fine but wheel kept going further to the right before it would actually turn the wheels.

Decided a reboot was in order but now the wheel doesn't respond at all. Pedals etc. show as working in control panel but the wheel doesn't do the full rotation thing when you start your PC anymore and the power light on the shifter is flashing. Think my power supply has blown so £15 for a new one and no more Crew until it arrives..... Damn you Ubisoft, if you have killed my G25!!!!

Have you tried another game to see if it's actually the game and not the wheel?

It's all floppy :(

In control panel, the pedals confirm input the wheel doesn't and a quick google suggests the flashing light on the shifter is a dead power supply. To be fair, its probably about 8 years old and has had quite a bit of use.

Maybe just in time to stick a G27 on my letter to Santa.