We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

Yes, it's only the faction missions with those rubber banding issues. Given that we can send friends to win them and earn megabucks I can wait for an update to sort them out. Still got plenty of skills to do to tune my cars (I bought a few more yesterday) and there's also the PvP lobbies. Plus cruising. And Award Points

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the PvP races I've done so far I did rather well considering most of my opponents were level 50s :P. They all had one thing in common though: I completely lost any chances of getting a decent 3rd place or lower (or even finishing the race) once I ended up spinning out haha. Maybe I should go back to Sport or Full Aids :mhmm:

Same after constant back wheelspin in my R34 GTR

Also have anybody noticed how Street R34 engine keeps some what choking? Its weird, like im going full throttle and its like losing power or something sometimes

I have noticed this. The car does sound like it's bogging at times, this I typically solve with a bootful and some NOS since the R34 is one of the few cars that can actually accelerate under NOS in the first place.

When do you even start to repair your cars yourself? I'm not that far into the game yet but I don't ever have to.

You can repair cars right from the get go when you get your HQ, it's one of the options in the Workshop submenu and you can do it via your PDA when on the road if you spec into a certain perk.

Vehicle health reduces slowly over time; unless you have a habit of crashing into things, then it's slightly faster. At low vehicle health the vehicle will sustain some permanent visual damage which will not simply disappear, you must repair the car to get rid of it.

The Crew has a health system?

All I've been doing was story missions (+ landmarks + challenges) and cruising. I know about literally nothing else. Still winning with the Challenger.

Not sure if I should start looking into any of the other features since it sounds like they aren't that great.

To clarify, the health system has no performance impact prior to running out of health points on a certain vehicle, but at that point you'll have more than one vehicle anyway so you could simply switch cars. It is simply a visual indicator of an arbitrary number prior to the bar ticking down to zero.

Back in the PC Beta there was a health gauge and everything. If you kept damaging the car a lot you would hear the car not performing so well and it was a little slower.

eg

Damage seems to be tuned down now in the full game but I think it's still there. The car did/does auto-heal but not to 100%. So maybe treat it like you would changing the oil in Gran Turismo to keep that tiny little performance edge.

I mean who cares about cheaters when you can have awesome mods.
May I visit you and constantly punch you in the face for 15minutes? I mean, who cares about getting a face overhaul when you are still able to stand on your two feet... :rolleyes:

May I politely remind you that RACING GAMES are mostly all about competeing each other and even though the cars balancing is a bad joke in TheCrew (specced Ford Focus going 400kmh+ quite outperforming an Agera and an old Hotrod can go 500kmh+ on that Speedway...), it shouldn't get even worse than it is already.

But your wishes are partly getting true -I've already seen screenshots of cheaters which proves this game has no real-time anticheat. Which also proves another thing: If they ban, they do it afterwards and thats the same old story as in all Testdrive and all NFS etc etc. If Ubi is (in terms of dealing with cheaters) as good as some players told me weeks before in TDU2, it won't become an issue at all.

But if not, the game will suffer from the same destiny as TDU2 does. The game partly is still a beta and even though they paid for it (or at least I think everyone paid for the game), some kids are fooling around with the well-known tools, manipulating the stats with uber high scores.

The funny thing is i know all of this and i still haven't put a single tire into the game, my DVDs are still sealed.

May I politely remind you that RACING GAMES are mostly all about competeing each other

not really at least it's not the case in games like the crew. I know they market it that way to keep kids happy over some virtual victory but really soon it'll die out and only cruising around will matter.

I have to agree that this game isn't focused entirely on the competition part, so yes and no. The thing is, Develeopers today know exactly about the cheating issue and in most cases they fail epicly. But I stand to my point, whenever there are leaderboards in a game for players to compare their stats with others, the goal SHOULD be fair fighting.

And as we know todays players are very likely to cheat -especially when mission are so badly coded that they get harder and harder to finish, it's up to the Devs either to re-balance gameplay or to get their hands on Anticheat. It's no secret that almost all cheat tool authors start with finding + manipulating values loaded within the RAM (doesn't even matter if it's a Racing Game or a FPS) and therefore it's just unbelieveable that 99% of all games have no protection (e.g. usage of ASLR or just implemented rolling code, additional scanning etc) which makes it so hard and require so much knowledge for those people so they will not succeed.

Aside from the fact that players were able to reach max level in the first 2 days after the release. That is a huge fail from the Devs.

Guest .:TestDriver:.
It took me about 12-13 hours of back to back races and including driving between locations. I did not use the fast travel system(yes the trains and planes constitute fast travel).

Thanks man. Were you able to access exotic and super cars after that?