We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I fear this game may underachieve, I don't think it could reach the status of a TDU successor, mainly because it looks like there hasn't been too much evolution in the development into the game.I may be wrong, I actually hope I am, because this looked promising at first...

Maybe we'll have to wait for Eden to do their final job afterall.

The original release date for Xbox One was November 22 worldwide and on PlayStation 4 November 29 in Europe. Meanwhile, The Crew was previously planned for release in fiscal year 2013-14, and is now scheduled for fiscal year 2014-15, meaning it may not see a release until April 2014 at the earliest.

says google.

I still need to get a wheel first :wait2:

I hope the game will have descent physics

I think the release date was like 1Q 2014, which it still is so maybe they're finally going to show something worthy.

I 'like' them on Facebook, these are their posts:

"Thanks to all of you for your awesome skins!"

"She only needs 3.4s to take you up to 100 km/h". (Murcielago pic)

"Do you see yourself behind the wheel?" (Mustang pic)

"Check out some great remakes of The Crew trailer."

"Congratulations to the winners of the Skin a Car contest."

Umm... Not good at all.

Remember they've been working on this back since 2007/8 almost as soon as they stopped supporting TDU1 with updates and DLC. They've had loads of time and are no doubt just bug-fixing and working on Q&A and distributions and preparing for marketing. Remember in a few E3 videos we saw collision bugs and the odd dropped frame so they still had a little bit of work to do. If they did indeed delay the game to acquire more car licenses and to model them then that would also account for the delay. And of course don't forget how crucial the netcode is for this type of game; it's not easy to test behind closed doors. Considering they said there is only one server per platform they had better be good ones.

If you're got WMD forum access you can learn a few things this year about game development timelines. They're planning for a November release and to pull it off they're expecting the game to be feature-complete by as early as April. That's a lot of months in between just for testing, polishing, optimising, getting certified by MS and Sony, and so on.

I'm thinking we might see release around May/June.

Don't be so sure, the rumours were the game was coming to current-gen and PC then they look to have switched it to next-gen so there may be some residual cross-gen showing due to that. The fact they essentially have the tech and a good bit of the talent of Ubisoft at their disposal is only a good thing when you consider that Ubi Reflections (Driver SF) are helping with the PS4 and other things.

Their physics guy (Tixier) is a big rFactor and Assetto Corsa fan it seems too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
OMG NO G27 I'm not buying this game

Haha:D

He has a G27 there. Even a Fanatec Club Sport Wheel was there during my visit at the studio.

Knowing that wheel fanatic Sebastien is working on the setup will make wheel users want this game even more :cool:

PS He also takes care of other devices, like TrackIR.

• 4 months later...