We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

The fact it's showing as the very last date of the year is as Mike says usually a means to show that it could be any date. Maybe they're considering another 7-14 days delay as they have to go Gold in the next week or so to make the Dec 2nd release.

Other outlets aren't showing any date change at this time so that's maybe a positive.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my country too it's still on the 2nd of december on my ubi account/ubishop (also checked on steam)...

That's really weird :confused:

Edit: Besides if they do that, they'll have to schedule another DLC /post release calendar whereas they just issued it a few days ago

• 3 weeks later...

A high level summary/spoiler of the story in The Crew

"In New York, it’s about money, in the South it’s about taking out one of the criminal groups, and in the mountain states it’s all about creating new smuggling routes because it’s all off road. Every region changes the overall objective of the narrative. It gives you a two, three or four hour objective that is fun and light. That time is closer to a single movie or a season on a TV show, with an overlying plot," Gerighty said.

Bought The Crew? Played The Crew? Discuss The Crew!

Similar to the pre-release and beta discussion threads, today we start a new chapter with the full release - so put those discussions here. Please make sure you use spoiler tags [] as appropriate.

So far I've basically redone the story missions up the point of the PC beta. Time to head you-know-where... but after lunch.

Handling still feels very much like TDU1 without Hardcore mode and with a couple of assists relaxed. I've driven a couple of non-Street tuned cars, and yes, you can slide the cars mid corner, but there's no refinement in the wheel controls so you either play it safe or crash.

I've been driving the Z4 which is nicer than all those muscle cars anyway, so I'm not completely in a state of frustration just yet. I'm not looking forward to the Perf races as they can be a big handful (did the RUF race into Chicago and just kept everything easy).

Just like in the beta, the force feedback in my Fanatec wheel completely disappears every 5-10 minutes for about 30 seconds, sometimes at very bad timing.

I was trying to help the cops arrest someone in my session, which took for ages (good on him), although I was able to occasionally cheat by jumping around on the map. You have to be careful though, as contact with the police nets you a wanted level, and if your wanted level goes above theirs (or they escape or get arrested), you immediately become the most wanted and are chased. On this occasion I did successfully get the guy arrested and also escaped, but it took a good 8 minutes or so.

Graphics are improved on PC from our last two betas. Make sure you update your nVidia drivers and use the GeForce Experience app to optimise your visual settings for The Crew.

less grippy (or just more power to overcome the grip). Depends what car you have I spose.

I've held a few high speed drifts ala TDU1 style in the MP4-12C on the highway. You can feel weight shifting. If you don't give consideration to it you will spin out. So there are realistic traits... I'm just not drifting around every corner.

I picked it up at midnight and played it for a couple hours. It started out well (story itself is godawful) and did a few of the driving challenges. Came back this morning to try it and it feels like it went from a 9/10 game for me to maybe a 7/10. Some challenges take me upwards of 25-30+ times to gold. I spent maybe an hour alone on the Ruf XFINITY challenge.

In manual mode, the shifts take too long. In hardcore, you can lose all your grip powering through a corner or landing a jump (losing control of your car). Anything you bump into will make you lose control (playing with gamepad). I can see the game employs catch-up - I was never a fan of that. The worse part is that you get points for being in first the duration of the race but it's only the last section that matters.

Right now the menus are too much, but I'll probably ease into them.

I'm on Xbox One by the way.