We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a key for the game yesterday and logged a couple hours then, a few now. Server instability is the primary reason for why I have not played as much as I probably should have by now, I only just got to the mission that ends the initial arc with Troy.

Purchased a Challenger as my first ride and I'm loving the visual options for the street spec right now. I just don't dig the LED head and taillights, swapped those for OEM right off the bat.

Press the DPAD in the profiler which should send the wheel in each direction.

Hmm, according to that I don't have a wheel :(

--- Post Updated ---

Just a quick question, how do you know if you have the limited edition? My email containing the key says Limited Edition but where is the Mini Cooper that comes as part of it? I had the usual choice of cars at the beginning so it wasn't there.

I'm liking it a lot so far, though there is a lot of features to take in and learn about at the start of the game. Some I don't understand yet (what are the data towers good for again?) and I'm not sure what the points you earn in the races are good for. Do they do anything besides win you a certain medal? Sometimes the screen feels somewhat cluttered with subtitles and chat overlapping, it feels messy and almost makes me claustrophobic.

And for quite a while it wasn't really free roaming, it was more *beep, phone call* "go there do this" *beep phone call* "go there do that" but thankfully that has calmed down a bit now and I can actually choose more what I want to do rather than what they tell me to.

I'm liking it a lot so far, though there is a lot of features to take in and learn about at the start of the game. Some I don't understand yet (what are the data towers good for again?) and I'm not sure what the points you earn in the races are good for. Do they do anything besides win you a certain medal? Sometimes the screen feels somewhat cluttered with subtitles and chat overlapping, it feels messy and almost makes me claustrophobic.

And for quite a while it wasn't really free roaming, it was more *beep, phone call* "go there do this" *beep phone call* "go there do that" but thankfully that has calmed down a bit now and I can actually choose more what I want to do rather than what they tell me to.

well theres one question i can answer, the data towers are good for the fact that they reveal the locations of all of the hidden car parts (check the exploration tab on the map) it seems that a lot of people never noticed this

As well as they reveal the skill challenges, landmarks and stuff along those lines.

I thought this was being released tomorrow, but now it's today, and I've been up for a day and a bit and only have an hour to play and am $70 poorer.

Not bad so far. Controls aren't all there, but I'm sure someone will post some settings soon enough. Graphics are driving me nuts, though. The AA is awful, and it seems like it fell into that GTA4 trap of making everything look like crap until it's 50 ft away

There are quite a number of reports in regards to PS4 codes not being redeemed correctly.

Unfortunately that's an issue I've been having. I pre-ordered the gold edition on psn and while all the bonuses and season pass are showing up as registered to my account, I have none of the stuff ingame, no street editions or season pass cars. After playing the beta through 4 times with the cars available at the start I was looking forward starting out with some new cars, but I'm already to the point now where I can just buy the full versions of those cars anyway. On top of that, for most of today I couldn't even play the game because of some issue retrieving my save data from ubisoft. Also whenever I finish a pvp event or faction mission I get disconnected from the game's servers before I can get the XP/Bucks/Rep for completing it. No pvp or faction missions also really limits the amount of money I can make right now. So for the moment, I am limited to just the story missions and whatever cars I gain access to normally and can afford only making about a grand per story mission.

Anyways I'm having a very, very hard time trying to enjoy the game right now. I'm sure once/if all these issues are dealt with it will be fine, but if anyone is reading this who hasn't bought the game yet, based on the experience I've had I'd suggest you wait another couple weeks or so. As it is now the game just feels like it's in the next stage of beta testing.

Well my experience was going well...

The only problem I seemed to be having was the massive vibration through the wheel particularly off-road and then just after completing my first police evade with Troy the wheel seemed to be off centre while driving in a straight line.

I thought this was possibly to indicate car damage although hadn't noticed it before so went back to the garage but car was fine but wheel kept going further to the right before it would actually turn the wheels.

Decided a reboot was in order but now the wheel doesn't respond at all. Pedals etc. show as working in control panel but the wheel doesn't do the full rotation thing when you start your PC anymore and the power light on the shifter is flashing. Think my power supply has blown so £15 for a new one and no more Crew until it arrives..... Damn you Ubisoft, if you have killed my G25!!!!

that sounds like my broken g25 after hitting a kerb in f12013.

You can check it for yourself if you go to devices in control panel, right clight g25 controller click controller settings and then properties. Try to put your wheel into neutral position and see the input value of axis.

that sounds like my broken g25 after hitting a kerb in f12013.

You can check it for yourself if you go to devices in control panel, right clight g25 controller click controller settings and then properties. Try to put your wheel into neutral position and see the input value of axis.

Yeh, pedals and buttons all reporting for duty on there but the wheel inputs are not being detected

Yeh, pedals and buttons all reporting for duty on there but the wheel inputs are not being detected

ok well it is possible that the main case might be shattered, that was the end of mine. Only way to find out is to take it apart which takes a while. Some of these games shouldn't be allowed to have any ffb whatsoever if they cannot manage it. There was this thread diablo has posted which I think allows you to decrease the amount of ffb while going off road :

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/966806-WHEEL-GUIDE-Force-FeedBack-Extra-Tuning-PC-Version

I'll try this once I get to play the game again

So i had a go at the PvP races and all i can say is :fp: They either dont work and you get stuck in lobby or you get paired with cars you have no chance against for example my Street Challenger was 111 index and i got into race with cars over 600 one of them was over 1100, and every single time after completing the race i get kicked to main menu for no reson

well theres one question i can answer, the data towers are good for the fact that they reveal the locations of all of the hidden car parts (check the exploration tab on the map) it seems that a lot of people never noticed this

As well as they reveal the skill challenges, landmarks and stuff along those lines.

Yeah I thought it was something like that. I know they explained it in the beginning but I missed it as there was so much else to focus on. I also spent the first ~30 minutes just crashing because there were so many people talking and I kept trying to read the subtitles instead of looking at where I was going.

I'm sure you know you can turn subtitles off, I suspect you find it easier to read English than listen to it.

I had no issues with PvP races, but do understand that there was no filter to car level. Fortunately the host had turned off collisions, and none of them knew how to corner (or brake) properly

Set a good evasion time in this Chicago faction mission

The%2520Crew2014-12-2-15-18-58.jpg