We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody payed attention to those landmarks things, the little milestones under discovery on map?

If you havent then check them out each one of them give you 2K cash if you visit it and there whole crap load of them :P

I got over 100K bucks in maybe 15 minutes by just jumping around map pressing enter and escape few times

Did anybody payed attention to those landmarks things, the little milestones under discovery on map?

If you havent then check them out each one of them give you 2K cash if you visit it and there whole crap load of them :P

I got over 100K bucks in maybe 15 minutes by just jumping around map pressing enter and escape few times

I spent most time looking for them and the radio antenas in the chicago or detroit area 100k or more made and a Hot Rod and still i haven't done the chicago races.

Yeah well the ones i raced didnt turn off the collisions so it was a mess, but the most annoying part is the main menu kick everytime after the race it says i lost connection :/

Sounds like the same issue I'm having, do you get kicked to the main menu when you finish a faction mission?

Just spent all of my money on a few cars(Alfa 8C, BMW M5, Dodge Ram and Skyline) and all of their different specs. They all have their own unique feel to them. You can really feel the weight and centre of gravity of the car being thrown around.

If you're unsure when you first start playing the game. Stick at it because it does get better, much better.

And does anyone else have frozen AI traffic cars? They're all there and I can crash into them but none of then are actually driving anywhere. They're just all parked in the middle of the roads :lol:

Do you manually have to find all the car dealers or are they not in every city?

There are 5 car dealers, 1 in Detroit, New York, Miami, Las Vegas and LA. They all show on the map from the start of the game so you can drive/fly to them pretty early on. No chance that you can afford many of them until you've played for a while though.

There are 5 car dealers, 1 in Detroit, New York, Miami, Las Vegas and LA. They all show on the map from the start of the game so you can drive/fly to them pretty early on. No chance that you can afford many of them until you've played for a while though.

You're not joking. :eek: Just looked in the one in NY. Would love the '69 Charger. >.<

Been playing it old skool a bit today (using a keyboard) so not been doing races just pootling about exploring. Have to say given the scope of the map I'm a bit disappointed with the range of cars. Not to mention the prices but I guess that was the same in TDU. Soon the money is rolling in and you'll buy 2 LaFerrari's but tdu had a lot more scope in the cars available, seems to be mainly US muscle mostly atm but I've only made it as far as Miami which did at least have a Ford Focus (oh joy) and an 8c and Maserati but both for now out of my price range. Graphically it looks OK but my CPU (Pentium G850) is a bit under gunned so ordered an i5 this evening which should mean I can up the settings a bit.

Yeah I getcha, TDU had good car progress (and options for cruising). The Crew seems to have a lot more rubbish cars, tuned rubbish cars, and then a jump to your Alfa's and so on, then supercars. The problem with a lack of choice is that you'll end up with everyone on the best car, perhaps tuning may offset that, but requires a leap of faith when you test drive some of them stock.

I'm tempted to blow some cash on the M3 to try that out, but I'm saving money for purchases necessary for story progression.

Yeah I getcha, TDU had good car progress (and options for cruising). The Crew seems to have a lot more rubbish cars, tuned rubbish cars, and then a jump to your Alfa's and so on, then supercars. The problem with a lack of choice is that you'll end up with everyone on the best car, perhaps tuning may offset that, but requires a leap of faith when you test drive some of them stock.

I'm tempted to blow some cash on the M3 to try that out, but I'm saving money for purchases necessary for story progression.

well I choose the cars I buy by 2 things, how it looks and how it sounds. So in that sense the car list is very poor. It's a bit of shame that they've left out people like me who care little about performance and customization options.

Well the postwoman finally delivered the game today (was meant to show up Tuesday) and I've been on the game for a few hours. I don't mind the vehicle handling personally, as has been discussed the race with the RUFs was slightly frustrating, but I managed to get gold on that second try. First part of the race I was wondering what everyone was talking about, seemed a bit twitchy, but nothing that a dab of oppo couldn't sort, then when going over the bumps towards the end all hell broke lose on both occasions despite me taking it a bit gentler second time around. Overall, I rightly or wrongly get a TDU vibe from the handling, I wasn't expecting anything like a sim-racer so I'm happy in that respect.

Picked the Dodge to start with because that is what I chose in the Beta, even modded it the same way, but changed the paint colour.

Runs well on my PC; i5 2500k, 8GB RAM and HD 7970 maxing everything and I'm sure it'd push more than 60FPS if the limiter was removed.

I think the most frustrating thing for me at the moment are the chases you take part in between police and so on. Getting chased, caught by and rammed to bits by some low-rider looking Chevy(?) trucks over corn fields at over 170MPH didn't seem quite right, especially when they boosted up to you in not time at all if you left them behind a bit, seemed a bit off when I was in a purpose built off-road Ford.

I think the most frustrating thing for me at the moment are the chases you take part in between police and so on. Getting chased, caught by and rammed to bits by some low-rider looking Chevy(?) trucks over corn fields at over 170MPH didn't seem quite right, especially when they boosted up to you in not time at all if you left them behind a bit, seemed a bit off when I was in a purpose built off-road Ford.

Attention bit of a spoiler

Believe me as I say this, its nothing later theres a mission In Ford GT and some random ass black sedans literally chase down over 320kph :fp:

So I've watched failrace and yes this game is now a purchase but did they lie? You can't upgrade the visuals of circuit cars and every customisation video I've seen there's no fender parts available? What's the deal with that.

I've not been able to upgrade the looks of any of my circuit or raid cars. Nor have I been able to upgrade fenders on any cars apart from the street and maybe dirt hotrod.

Yeah there are no fender parts no matter what spec so far street/dirt/perf also as in other thread some cars are missing specs which they lied because they said every customizable parts will be available for free unless they came in free patch, but then why would they be unavailable now

Oh yeah only Hot Rod has different fenders available