We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I've played it a while now. I'll rate this by job title.

Physics guy - you did your job, I guess.

Guy who decided to make cars handle differently depending on how far along you are - Go get stabbed.

Vehicle modeler - I'm better than you. Quit while you're ahead.

Sound recorder/converter - It's K

Sound programmer - I REALLY hope you get hit by a bus. But it has to be while he misses a shift and the buss goes EEEERRRRHEHREHRHEHRHEHRHEHRE

Guy who makes controls do stuff - You did half your job. Don't implement a clutch if it does nothing. This is seriously infuriating. Also, WHERE THE HELL IS MY STARTER CONTROL?

7ish/10 would bang occasionally.

The setup I have it at now is ok for cruising. The story is driving me insane. Awful story telling, and just a horrible experience doing the story missions. I guess that guy can get stabbed too. I really wish the clutch worked, though. The fact that I can just pull up to lights off the clutch like it's an auto transmission drives me insane, along with the whole doing a burnout no matter what thing.

That's my thoughts to far, subject to change, but I doubt they will without a major change.

Oh, also, the car selection sucks. There isn't a single car that I want, other than the Charger, and speaking of that, the guy who decided the prices should go back to school, because you need some math skills bruh.

EDIT: OH. Also. I was REALLY excited for custom paint and stickers. Had I known that custom meant like 7 options, I would never have spent my money.

Yeh it's odd that the clutch doesn't work as it sounds like it is slipping on every gear change.

I agree about the prices too, still can't work out why the Maserati GranTurismo is 3 times the price of the 8c and if they have licensed manufacturers why didn't they do more cars. Should be a 458 and a california (and maybe some old school like the Dino/328/250GTO).

[...] Go get stabbed. [...] I REALLY hope you get hit by a bus. [...] I guess that guy can get stabbed too.

The Crew: Rampage... :lol:

But I do agree with the customization being this poor (contrary to what we were supposed to get) and the clutch (I don't even use it cause it's really too frustrating to play with).

Prices seems quite high but you gain money really fast so that's not really a problem here (I got 150.000 Bucks in 2 hours of game and I only got to St Louis in the story).

i love every asspect of this game and I'm already tired of seeing so many people complaing... I really wonder what they are expecting or comparing too.

To me the car handling is awesome, its perfectly snip between acarde just have fun and simy I dont drift with 300 km/h thougth cornser thing.

Story is in my oppinion very cool for a racing game, it keeps me looking forward what going to happen next. comapred to other racing games that had a story this is much more intressting and appealing to me.

Sounds, are very nice.

Menus are once geting used to very nice too.

Only thing i dunno about is the heavy price tag on cars. it looks like you choose two or may three cars and play with those thougthout the game. I still want to collect as many as I can.

maybe i should hush back ingame and avoid the complain forum huckers, I live clearly on another planet. A happy one :D

Alright, I've played it a while now. I'll rate this by job title.

Go get stabbed.

I'm better than you. Quit while you're ahead.

I REALLY hope you get hit by a bus. But it has to be while he misses a shift and the buss goes EEEERRRRHEHREHRHEHRHEHRHEHRE

You did half your job. Don't implement a clutch if it does nothing. This is seriously infuriating. Also, WHERE THE HELL IS MY STARTER CONTROL?

The story is driving me insane. Awful story telling, and just a horrible experience doing the story missions. I guess that guy can get stabbed too. I really wish the clutch worked, though. The fact that I can just pull up to lights off the clutch like it's an auto transmission drives me insane, along with the whole doing a burnout no matter what thing.

And here I was thinking that Canadadadadians were a friendly bunch :lol:

How is it people are getting 100,000cc? Apparently it's when you join a faction? Is that like the tduck faction or a single player one?

When you complete all the story missions in the Midwest and move on to the East Coast, pick a faction (Eagles) when prompted and you'll get the credits.

Just saw this on Reddit. At least we get an explanation, finally.

3spooky, m8.

If it weren't for that I'd have a perfect win ratio in PvP right now and be ranked better than the top 75. Was way in the lead, had to jump one of those Chicago draw-bridges, was dead straight, off gas and on clutch for the landing, and car spins out into a tree and gets stuck on landing.

Just found something to get angry about. The Cop heat system in conjunction with collisions being on in freeride. This. Is. Utterly. Stupid.

I was trying to make a cross country run in my Street spec Challenger; halfway through Mountain states some idiot in a Circuit spec Camaro goes ploughing into me. We both wreck, no biggie. LOL NOPE, one star heat level. Ok fine, I lose it quickly.

Guy teleports up the road and does the same damn thing again, only this time I get tele'd to the middle of the freaking Nevada desert and punted around by the cops like the steel ball in a pinball table because they have ludicrous amounts of grip, mass and the ability to instantly hit 200MPH in standard patrol cars. ALT+F4 material.

Is there any way of just getting into and staying in an instance on my own? I don't want to have to deal with incompetence while simply going for a damned drive.

Just found something to get angry about. The Cop heat system in conjunction with collisions being on in freeride. This. Is. Utterly. Stupid.

I was trying to make a cross country run in my Street spec Challenger; halfway through Mountain states some idiot in a Circuit spec Camaro goes ploughing into me. We both wreck, no biggie. LOL NOPE, one star heat level. Ok fine, I lose it quickly.

Guy teleports up the road and does the same damn thing again, only this time I get tele'd to the middle of the freaking Nevada desert and punted around by the cops like the steel ball in a pinball table because they have ludicrous amounts of grip, mass and the ability to instantly hit 200MPH in standard patrol cars. ALT+F4 material.

Is there any way of just getting into and staying in an instance on my own? I don't want to have to deal with incompetence while simply going for a damned drive.

Yeah the cops are quite useless. I did the mission where

you steal the circuit-spec Ford GT

and even then, the cops in their measly sedans had no problem going much faster than I did and as you said, push me around as if my car didn't weigh anything.

OH MY GOD.

How have I only just noticed how long it takes the game to change gear? Can't assign my clutch pedal in controls for some reason, but using H-gate and auto-clutch. Changing down to get more power and I swear you lose 2 seconds just because the guy can work out how to move a gear lever as quickly as you. Plz fix.

The map of this game is amazing. No doubts. Its vast, its beautiful, its immersive and there are lots of challenges for any driver. Truly wonderful to behold. The cities are pretty big as it is, and then you realise there are hundreds of miles between them with the same level of detail. Incredible.

Vehicle models are pretty nice too, things like the charger's headlights are good and I'm keen on customisation options.

Sadly I haven't seen any way to edit fullstock vehicles colour. I'm happy with my viper freebie(ish, it uses the uPlay points) but I wish I could have it stock in yellow with black stripes, but sadly I have to have it as Perf to modify it, which cuts a whacking great hole in the bonnet.

Was certainly nice of The Crew to give you a chunk of Canadough Freemium Moneygrab Crew Credits early on. You make money so slowly in the game that I have already started resenting the CC system since over 40 levels I've only just got around $150,000 gaining money the normal way.

The high prices do help to take away the sting of less cars, it must be said, I've not really wanted much more than is there. Sadly this doesn't help the AI in races which always seem to be the same assortment, seemingly even in the same colours. Some variation wouldn't have gone amiss there.

Bugs: lots of them, I've had 4 hard crashes and hundreds of smaller things I'd be putting in. Literally no polish there, their lack of in-house QA is glaringly apparent. Will elaborate in my full review, and wait for a potential hotfix.

Lets talk about immersion. More specifically, driving around in freemode with some music on having a cruise and finding sat stations and wrecks. You can't get into the mindset that you're cruising because you are being constantly nagged about the next mission. Seriously, early on you'd get a nag message even when you were en-route to the next mission. The game is constantly on your back to do things. One of my favourite things in TDU were the vehicle delivery missions because you'd take long leisurely drives over the map in a classic car and just take in the scenery. Nothing in this game is so relaxed. You have a timer for taxiing people to your safehouse for crying out loud.

There is a page taken out of GRID 2's book which is 'constant doucebag commentary of your race' which is unwelcome. I know that i'm not in first, stop telling me when I am/am not winning the race. And stop with the intro movies. You already get a short brief on the phone/if you start from map, I care not for the same lines of dialogue and cutscene every time I restart a bloody hard mission.

The story is terrible. I feel like I'm doing MMO grinding just to advance a terrible story so that I can do events in a different bit of a really good map. I don't care about Alex. He looks like Gordon Freeman. Also gangs don't back off when you beat them in a race. There are hundreds of stories about racers to be told, even stories about street racers. Look at Initial D, that revolves around taking territories as part of a racing team... but no, weird car mafia it is. Characters so far have ranged from 'forgettable' to 'cringeworthy'. Also the Ubisoft 'we can't do females' stigma has carried over as so far its failed the Bechdel test.

I like the game, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it so much, but my god is it doing my head in.

Find me on uPlay, my tag is BleddynDu

^Which platform?

I'm at level 37 and besides one phone call when I first start the game, I don't really get nagged at all if I go cruising.

You can get ~8000 bucks per PvP race and much more for the longer Faction missions. I think I've got around 250k atm.

After repeating one mission multiple times to set a WR I did end up turning off the speech audio.