We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I haven't seen any way to edit fullstock vehicles colour. I'm happy with my viper freebie(ish, it uses the uPlay points) but I wish I could have it stock in yellow with black stripes, but sadly I have to have it as Perf to modify it, which cuts a whacking great hole in the bonnet.

There is a way.

But you need to buy the colours, stickers, wheels & interior spec's you want on another car. Then go to the garage and then select the full stock car and head to the visual modifications. Done Both my Viper & Silverado that way. :)

On the PS4 at least.

^The glorious PC master race ofcourse :D

Also on PC, also experienced a lot of the same. Few points to make though and a question;

1) Have you at any point crashed or frozen in the Collection sub menu? That menu seems to be the sole source of my crashes.

2) Once you complete the endgame of the storyline Zoe and the other characters will nigh on never bother you again, in fact they only ever speak up and say like three words at the beginning of a testdrive; that's their lot.

3) Cash is difficult to get but there is a way to decapitate two men with one axe; get a bigger blade. That aside, the faction missions have some longer races with post 20k bucks payout with the longest races(I did one which was a crosscountry run in Circuit spec called "Coast to Coast", took just under an hour) paying out about 80k. If you don't like spending that long in one sitting you can always grind out PvP like most others are doing but your experience hinges greatly on if the lobbymaster has turned off collisions or not. People do block you and try to PIT in this game despite payouts being the same for everyone regardless of grid finish position.

Worst comes to worst you can give one of the Duck a shout, inv them to a crew and team up in PvP; have a few laughs to pass the time. Which reminds me, we really need somewhere to organise cruises and stuff; maybe a thread or something like in TDU days.

NOTE: You also get payouts for joining a lobby, starting the race and then jumping into spectator mode for the entire rest of the race. The exact same figures as if you finished last.

Given the fact the game seems so heavily concerned with customising, why can't I paint my damn Maserati? Although I did manage to paint the Alfa. It wouldn't let me after I bought it but today I could choose from 2 metallic colours (hardly extensive choice although they were gunmetal grey or metallic blue which would have been my choices anyway)

I think its highly likely my car collection will be mainly exotic full stocks rather than gaudy tricked out perf spec versions so I don't see why I can't at least paint the damn thing. I wouldn't want a big silly rear wing and a carbon fibre bonnet on them anyway.

Have noticed some strange bugs, like when you do the first dirt race, I rocked up in my 8c and it said I needed a street spec car so it switched to my highest ranked street spec car, showed me arriving at the race in it, getting out and getting into a Nissan!

...so I didn't need a street spec then? Wouldn't mind but at the end of the race, did it put me back in my 8c.... No.

Have to say the missions where you're being chased annoy me too, I'm escaping from 3 big sedan looking things in a Ford GT but they somehow can keep up. And one of them managed a pit manouevre on me by hitting the front of my car with the rear of his!?!! Is that even physically possible? More annoying is this always puts you in some massive slide you can't recover from... the only way really is find a straight road and run away.

I did make it to Dirt Spec and spent most of my crew credits on aforementioned Maserati but also bought a Focus RS which I've have Dirt specced and that's a lot of fun. Also found the ski jump and spent quite a while there with some others doing Eddie the Eagle impersonations and the drifting is good fun on the snow. I think The Crew could be a good cruising game, I just wish it was more focused around beautiful cars and the open road than lame Fast and Furious style cars and tuning.

I just wish it was more focused around beautiful cars and the open road than lame Fast and Furious style cars and tuning.

exactly, that's why kept going on about how devs gave very bad decisions on game design overall. They should've just made the map and sold it to another studio tbh. And those pursuits? forget them. It would actually be somewhat believable if the chase cars were supercars not pickup trucks or sedans. But then what arcade ai doesn't cheat.

So anyway I seem to lost all the medal progress yesterday when the servers crashed. My cars and level is still there but all the medals are gone for the missions and skill challenges.

So anyway I seem to lost all the medal progress yesterday when the servers crashed. My cars and level is still there but all the medals are gone for the missions and skill challenges.

At least you get to do them again... one way of earning some cash :)

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with the handling... it's almost there and the snow and dirt spec is certainly fun. The map IS huge and truly open world. The storyline is a bit meh but that's not really anything new.

My ideal TDU replacement would probably have this:

The storyline (such as it was) from TDU1. Not intrusive or compulsory but there was a progression to following it and I liked buying houses, clothes etc. I liked choosing an avatar; driving round in The Crew with a cross between that bloke from Breaking Bad and Gordon from Half Life doesn't do it for me.

The cars from TDU1; ok so updated but with that sort of scope with some offroad options like TDU2 but in no way handling like TDU2. I liked the bikes in TDU but could live without them.

Handling would be somewhere between TDU1, The Crew and dare I say it... Flatout? Or the original Carmageddon!! Seems funny to think how old that game is but even with a keyboard, the cars felt great.

I liked the mission bits from both TDU 1 and 2 but the storyline just annoyed me; "Apparently the Wilder brothers are squabbling with Stewart" *shivers*

Graphically, The Crew looks ok but nothing more than that, I remember being impressed with the first and second TDU - but I still remember seeing Carmageddon for the first time with the Voodoo patch applied and thinking WOW!

Sound wise, The Crew is ok but not sure where the logic came from to make EVERY CAR sound like its clutch is slipping every time you change gear.

Tuning I'm not really fussed about and I don't really see the point unless they are going full sim with it where you actually have options that will affect the way the cars works in different environments. I guess The Crew kind of has this but all you really do is slap on the highest level part you have in each category. If you want to do it properly, you'd need some kind of trade off where adding too much in one direction, diminishes something else... Not probably something that I would be bothered with though.

Customising is fine in a game but don't tell me it's a major part of the game and then not let me paint the damn thing. I quite liked NFS:MW for this. TDU2 was ok but the method of applying stuff was too hit and miss to make it worth spending hours making art. Place sticker in the air and rotate car to position it??

I think time will tell if The Crew finds its place as an epic cruising game (which is what I wanted more than anything else the game could potentially offer) but certainly Saturday morning did feel very much like old times so fingers crossed....

Missions don't really pay much. Despite losing the medals can you continue the story where you left off? If yes I'd avoid redoing them until you get to Level 50 when you unlock the Platinum medals.

One cheeky way to get away quickly in the Ford GT40 event is to go back onto the speedway track and do a few laps.

Have noticed some strange bugs, like when you do the first dirt race, I rocked up in my 8c and it said I needed a street spec car so it switched to my highest ranked street spec car, showed me arriving at the race in it, getting out and getting into a Nissan!

Not a bug, when it's clearly designed that way. The Nissan is the same car everyone gets. But any parts you win cannot be applied to the supplied car, hence the need for a scene showing you arrive in one of your own. There are a few races like that. For the purposes of scoring, it really is a street spec race. View it as a chance to win parts for any street spec car you own, irrespective of level. You absolutely could not be in a fullstock 8C, as pretty as it is, because it can't win any parts.

As far as the perf spec tuning goes, it might not be to everyone's taste, but in the real world the Ferrari 599XX is a thing. That exists. (Granted, never with iridescent paint and flames.) And now, so does the FXXK, and there will be an F12XX. So if Ferrari aren't above doing that, then modifying a collection of pixels in the shape of an exotic doesn't worry me too much. I stay away from the eye-watering paint jobs though. My perf-spec silver Miura with red interior is very pretty. And in the unlikely event someone says I've ruined it (I haven't - it's very pretty), I can point out that the fullstock is still there.

is there any kind of point to get them all in gold+ the skill challenges? I'm not going to bother otherwise I'll just go through them as quickly as possible. ( I don't care about car parts)

I do them mostly when i want to upgrade my car a bit, and i only focus on the easy ones like speed, escape, jump challenges the ones like collecting or slalom challenges i dont really give a crap, other than that above lvl 30 the give quite nice exp like 550 a challenge and since you can repeat them as much as many times as you want its faster and a lot less frustrating to earn lvl that way

exactly, that's why kept going on about how devs gave very bad decisions on game design overall. They should've just made the map and sold it to another studio tbh. And those pursuits? forget them. It would actually be somewhat believable if the chase cars were supercars not pickup trucks or sedans. But then what arcade ai doesn't cheat.

Dont even tell me about the AI in this game i start a mission it says required car index is 280 my car is over 460 and i have to burn full bar of nitrous to catch a freakin Mini Cooper in a straight line in a R34 Skyline a SKYLINE has hard time catching up to Mini WTF

I bought the Agera instead of the LaFerrari (truthfully I am never actually going to use either car, they're both uninspiring and unexciting in my eyes, both in games and IRL) and to dispel a myth posted earlier about the Agera spinning the rears in 7th; basically no.

In Perf spec it'll lay patch through each gear engagement all the way up to 4th to finally hook after engagement in 5th gear. But it'll spin the rears again if you so much as look at the directional/steering controls. Basically it's useless as a mode of transportation, think of it more as a tool for placing elevenses on pretty much any paved surface you can find.