We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah people said on Ubi forums it has too low speed and too much torque it has over 2000 torque while it should be something like 700 max i think cant remember correctly soo yeah it is broken :/ And not even the RPM gauge works inside they failed it so much

The factory readout in the dealer is 1900 ft/lbs but after the Perf spec conversion it's 1100 HP and about 800 ft/lbs with the level 20 kit. If anything it's the car itself just being outright dumb and not a game bug; although the handling model in The Crew is questionable at best regardless so even if it was a bug it'd probably still suck after a fix.

Well my G27 arrived today but it's still not all plain sailing.. Cannot get a wheel setting I'm happy with. Seems like you turn the the wheel a bit and nothing happens (you can even see this while looking at your wheels) then turn a bit more and whoops full lock.

Weirdly though I think I have other problems. Newest logitech software doesn't see the wheel, but the old version I was running with the g25 does but when I launched tdu and went to set up the wheel on there it wouldn't map the pedals saying press only one button! Tried it with combined pedals on and off... same result.

How fun is it to just cruise?

It's alright. I assume you have your wheel set up as far as steering goes, so that should be okayish. I'd suggest easing the FFb a bit, definitely recommend the settings that guy posted in that thread you posted. Also, almost every player you see will smash right into you, over and over again, but that's nothing new

The driving experience is fine enough, I think it will be more dependent on the community here in organising (and showing up for) cruises and other fun made-up games similar to 7 years ago in the TDU1 PC forums - that and the connection mechanics need looking into. I haven't been able to join any friends in freeroam without first setting up a crew.

Also, dealing with multiple crews would benefit from providing the user options rather than returning an error - if two players are already in separate crews, give them the option to immediately leave their crew to join the new one, or ask about merging the two if numbers permit.

The devs have taken notice on the request for permanent clubs/clans though so who knows what will happen there.

Yeah same. I finished the story last night and will do the faction missions and maybe some more skill challenges to improve cars - after that the real test of the game begins - how fun is it to just cruise?

tbh I lost interest pretty quickly, and now with the destiny dlc out I won't be playing it too much.

It's true that they listen to the community if it's in their favour but people never know what they want or what can be done. Instead of fixing the crew system like you've said they would just want more people in the session. But they have no idea what the limitations of this game's engine are.

It is indeed fun to cruise but that is the only good point. You'd really have to ignore everything else.

The Crew Review - GameSpot[/url]

Pretty harsh review however they justified their reason with clarity which makes a compelling argument, this game is getting some seriously mixed reviews which is inconsistent for anyone who wants to buy the damn game (me).

That's why video game reviews mean very little to me. The lack of a demo is hurting them, though. I at least try to trial games beforehand (if possible). The online-only nature of it also isn't helping.

Since the options are limited with The Crew, I'd just get it.

The Crew Review - GameSpot[/url]

Pretty harsh review however they justified their reason with clarity which makes a compelling argument, this game is getting some seriously mixed reviews which is inconsistent for anyone who wants to buy the damn game (me).

I'd say it has promise, if you liked the original TDU then it has a few things to offer you. I can understand though if cruising with friends is not really your thing this game is a huge disappointment. Very poor car list, poor driving physics, lots of bugs and server issues, pretty idiotic game design(if you ask me). Personally I'm already bored with the mission stuff but that's the only way to get the other 5-6 cars that you'd really want. I just hope it'll allow people to mod it so it can be half descent at some point.

Overall, I like it but it's not the TDU 3 I was hoping for but it is the closest yet. If the devs are still listening then we may see patches that fix some of what's wrong. My fear is it will be another TDU2 and they just abandon it and move on to something else. I have got the wheel sorted now and it does actually feel really good. I'm progressing at the moment but currently there is probably only another couple of cars that I a: want and b: could realistically afford. Did anyone buy either the Aston or the muira? Is it just me or is the engine sound really broken for those two?

Absolutely sick of being 11+ seconds ahead of all of the opponents for the first 3rd of the longer races just for them to defy the laws of physics and gain those 11 seconds after I take a few tight turns without drama. Doing the Amarillo race south of Miami just now and an 8C cruises past me on a straight piece of road while I'm doing 200MPH+ about 12 checkpoints in and then carries on doing 150MPH+ through some tight S-bends like it is on rails.

I was all in favour of recommending the game (I've been enjoying it until now, even glancing over small bugs) to anyone who might ask about it, but until crap like that is fixed I'll tell people to look elsewhere.