We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad they kinda balanced out the rather small choice already by limiting some cars on higher specs. Otherwise It would have been TDU2 were everyone drives only one car.... wich would be the Agera probably.

They did the right thing with this! Realistic or not.

My humble opinion

I am glad they kinda balanced out the rather small choice already by limiting some cars on higher specs. Otherwise It would have been TDU2 were everyone drives only one car.... wich would be the Agera probably.

My humble opinion

I'd agree with you if only the Agera wasn't already gimped by having too much torque and wa-ay not enough grip. If you aren't on an arrow straight stretch of road you can forget about having any advantage at all. The car fishtails like crazy at a very slight input and the output of the torque seems to fluctuate a lot, making it difficult to control with throttle positioning as I would do normally. I'm also pretty sure the gearing is off, since second gear does next to nil and sixth is tall enough to get you within 10MPH of the perf spec speed cap.

The Agera is a gimmick in my opinion. Even when cruising I find no reason to drive it, it's just too much of a pain especially when I can pull the '69 Charger, BNR34 Skyline or even the 370Z and have an easier time of driving in a straight line. If it had a real-steel accurate top speed then at least it would have something to differentiate it from the competition.

My humble opinion

Except that most players in PVP indeed do drive only one car in Perf - the Aventador :p

I kinda like that all cars are more equal in the different specs, I played a lot of PvP yesterday and could keep up with Aventadors and the likes in my '67 Impala until I crashed.

On another note, just tried about 80 times to get a level 50 fuel injection part for my Circuit spec Charger. Happy times. :cheeese:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest .:TestDriver:.

Wow ... no one even posted a message since last time I've had uploaded a photo here.

BTW, Here's a video features a police who is in love with my LP640 (probably a bug?) and also a bear which is trapped in my GT-R. Click on the image below,to download the video.

2up3k44.jpg

(Or click here to download)

Guest .:TestDriver:.
Not sure if you've heard of this cool new website that allows you to upload videos, and we can stream them without having to download the file first. It's called YouTube. :cheeky:

And here it is out of service. :)

Edit Curiously found a way to stream an uploaded file in the website, Here you can watch the video streamed:

Click here

enjoy.

So has anybody played after todays patch?

I played few hours and i have to say game feels better for some reason i actually feel like controlling a car also collisions are much better and the new Motion blur effect looks nicer aswell so slowly but at least they are improving the game

Played, and i have mixed options, the new camera and blur effect looks ok on some cars, bad in others. Seems they didn't manage to get the viewing angle similar to all cars, so you kind of end noticing differences of how the car "sits" onscreen.

Also, some of the tweeks they made on physics to me made sense on most of the cars, but for other, not so much. My C3 vette now has way too much grip is its not as tail happy as it used to be, feels like the car lost some of it character.

I won't comment on the specs released for the standard cars this time, as i loathe circuit cars on this game.

In overall, i would say they went 2 steps forward and 1 step back with the latest patch.

tryed the new patch out as well.

Anything they added is very nice, EXCEPT the new camera positions and handling. those majorly ruin the fun playing the game now.

Camera is now stuck to the steeringwheel in cockpit, like in tdu2, and it looks horrible on any car i tryed out. (makes me not want to use the interior at all anymore.

the modfication on the close car camera, i dunno they better added it as a new camera position to select, rather then replace the orginal they had so far... I prefered the old one.

I do hope enogth people complain and they add a option to select the old way or something.

A decent patch overall. Increased motion blur added an element of immersion whose absence I never noticed. New close chase cam is nice but the vertical movement (or lack thereof lol) could use some tweaking. The cockpit moves and shakes about much more realistically now, but the consequent reduction of the FOV effect means that most interiors are now closer to the windshield, which sucks and looks disastrous.

The new Faction Missions were cool, but I especially liked Route 66. It's a good choice for a new medium-length faction mission (finally!). My run was around 28 minutes with a Perf M5.

Dunno if wall-riding's fixed or not. The new PvP game mode Blitz Brawl isn't all that fun; I don't think King of the Hill is the best gametype to have in a racing game. Why not something like Cops & Robbers ala MM2? That'd be a lot of fun if implemented properly.

Successfully achieved the Domestic Tourist award as landmark progression has been fixed, although they broke something else...

dd2c4c0c69.jpg

:lol:

The starting loading time of the game has been reduced by a lot. Only launched once so far but thankfully didn't get any of those pesky errors. And although I've almost never had trouble getting into PvP lobbies, the one I joined post-patch was lightning fast. Good job ppl!

Collisions with breakable objects are a lot better. Tried smashing those fences at the Mexican border with a Dirt Jeep and my speed stalled at 140-something kmh but didn't drop to 60 as if I was trying to go through a brick wall. Tested the same with a Raid buggy and happily the result was different and the buggy ploughed through the fences better than my Jeep did.

Raid handling in general is so much better and more stable. Love it.

Lastly, based on my observations on the three new faction missions I did, the AI is not so ridiculously dumb anymore but neither are the opponents cheating. In particular on Route 66 they did keep up with me for a fair while but not annoyingly so like it was before.

So yeah that's are my post-patch review. There's still a long road of tweaking and bug-fixing before The Crew can become truly great, but overall this patch has done the game further good.

Not feeling the new patch. I like that they fixed the daily amount given through factions, but I can't seem to get it down in chase camera anymore. My Aventador and Skyline seem a bit more tail happy too.

The interior camera is fine, but while in chase, it's just too damn stiff. I can't weave in and out of traffic anymore at all.