We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Project CARS Box Art

Ryzza5

Pick your favourite BoxArt images  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favourite BoxArt images

There's a discussion going on with Andy Tudor about box art. Below is a selection of existing racing games along with some community- (and Andy)-submitted box art concepts.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x152/aleistad/Private/all_boxes_zps8bedc26e.jpg

Which ones do you like? There was one I liked a lot but in that grid it doesn't stand out nearly enough. If you want to make your own go ahead, I can post it at WMD for you (will link back here for credit) if you don't have access.

WMD Forum!

Some fantastic concepts their, I have a few favourites for sure amongst that lot. Andy's own #9 iirc is a definite pick but not with that logo, the 'helmet' logo is so much better and the perfect icon for the game even if it changes name from Project CARS to something else. Joint with Andy's is #19, I like the angle of the car and the placement of the logo, it's very striking though perhaps would need some more racing thrown into it somewhere to show the different motorsports that are in the game. After this would be #23 as like I just said I really think showing the progression or variety of racing available to the game would be a good thing to have and this does that in a clever way with each vehicle heading for the finish line. I like #24 for it's subtle look though a better car would fit the boxart and show the game off better imo. #21 would be next as I like the general look and placement of the assets but not the black inklines type effect of the car especially, as it doesn't sell the game to people who maybe don't know what the game is about. You want someone to look and get an instant idea about what the game is about just from the front of it with these people. And last but not least would be #30, the design is bit bare on the concept but the idea of having a logo, a set of different vehicles showcasing the different types of motorsport and the silhouette of a racing driver immediately symbolises what the game is about and what you're role in it will be.

#26 has a very GT like feeling about it which I also like now I really stare at it. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...