We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew - Reveal Trailer of the new Ivory Tower/Ubisoft racer [UP: Gameplay!]

T1M

The map is extremely scaled down, yes, but hey, at least we aren't confined to a very tiny island anymore! Or two islands with crappy physics and modeling which caused us to crash into invisible walls. Or two islands with crappy physics and modeling which caused us to completely hate the game. Or two islands with crappy networking which caused us to crash into others. Or two islands with crappy networking which caused the server itself to crash.

I could go all day.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to test out the game, although I wouldn't say I'm pumped. The map seems to be good, 2 hours from coast to coast is pretty good IMO (isn't that similar to TDU?) and graphics are good. I hope to see a good physics model, not an arcade-y jerkiness that latest NFS games had.

Oh, and with them saying "you can customize your car how you want it exactly" is stupid as from the official website it is clear that there will be only tuning kits. :(

^ This. Ken Block's DCshoes livery on a stock Scooby! :woot:

I've been saying that many times: If a game dev wants to turn car lovers into gamers he needs to get something done with the customization in every game he releases (Forza). Why the hell there are Fast&Furious bodykits in a 2011 game? Who likes them now? No one. Who wants modern, new body parts, wheels and ability to do many things with the wheels (like make them flush with the fenders god damnit, don't want a BMW with old skool BBS rims tucked in the fenders)? Everyone.

My point is, make the car customization a 100% customization. Not just "hey boy, sorry we have only parts that look like from 2003 that no one wants now for your 2013 Camaro". Good tuning, or no tuning. Nothing in between.

And yeah, we need a photomode!

Ubisoft’s next-gen racer The Crew requires an always-on Internet connection to function, VideoGamer.com has learned.

We were told of the game's online requirement shortly after the game's reveal at Ubisoft's E3 press conference earlier today - as was Kotaku, it seems, whose report states The Crew requires an always-on internet connection to handle the game's "living world", regardless of whether you play on PS4, Xbox One or PC.

"Our approach to that is this is a living world," creative director Julian Gerighty told the site.

"We don't really see the point of offline. Did you ever play World of Warcraft? So World of Warcraft, you don't play offline. It doesn't mean you can't play by yourself—when I played World of Warcraft, I played it for about twelve months, single-player only, without talking to anyone. That's our approach."

If the Internet connection is lost during gameplay, players will not be able to save their game.

"All our saves are server-based,” continued Gerighty, "it's one of those things that this new generation… it's just like World of Warcraft. If the internet connection goes on World of Warcraft, that's it, your saved game goes. It's one of the unfortunate side-effects, but I think [we're] going to a world where the experiences demand that."

The Crew joins a growing list of next-gen titles which require an always-online Internet connection, which also includes Bungie’s upcoming shooter Destiny.

Ubisofts The Crew is always-online - The Crew for PS4 News

TDU took less than an hour to get around the entire island. Even less to coast to coast.

Exactly what I was thinking, must be about 2x TDU's Hawaii at least. :yay: Gameplay looks fun, I just hope the physics don't feel too arcadey. Maybe we'll get a HC mode? lol

The always-online thing does raise an eyebrow but then it goes down again when you consider what this game is, plus if we have learned anything from TDU and TDU2 client-side saves lead to hacking and cheating aplenty anyway. The no save at all when offline does irk me a little though surely they could save some of your progress then compare it to when you connect again, wouldn't even have to save your money just distance travelled and another inane data like that.

Going to watch the video now.

So there are 19 interchangeable parts on every vehicle, you can change them as you wish, rather than putting packages of numerous parts on at the same time :D

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Also, Night and day cycle. He didn't go into too much detail on the weather, other than the weather will be different on different parts of the map rather than map-wide.

The map is split into different areas at the start, does this mean the whole map won't be unlocked from the word-go?