We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew - Reveal Trailer of the new Ivory Tower/Ubisoft racer [UP: Gameplay!]

T1M

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very good indeed, but doesn't seem to be TDU1.5 as far as getting into cockpit view and using the steering wheel. Not that all you Xbox 360 TDU1 players would care about that :cheeky:

So what have we got here? Trailer looks like one of the recent Fast & Furious movie trailers (#5?)

Game looks a bit like NFS The Run combined with NFS Carbon (I didn't mind either of those games from an arcade POV). Physics look decent but lend themselves to gamepad.

Bit disappointed to see NOS frankly.

Part of the live demo footage actually reminded me of Crazy Taxi (maybe similar location?)

Throw in a bit of FUEL and Burnout Paradise while we're at it, not to forget DSF.

Guest MrLolololXD

This looks like the best game EVER :panic:

This game. I keep throwing my wallet at the screen but nothing is happening!! :panic:

Old video I filmed for a DLC pack, but still relevant

The Crew is Ubisoft's Next-Gen Racing Game - E3 Newsroom - GameSpot Video

McInnis has been throwing out a few numbers off the top of his head: 500sq km, 10k miles of roads, 2 hours to drive from coast to coast. Not sure which ones make sense (Once burnt - Horizon - twice shy), but the road network looks incredibly dense.

I'm worried by the lack of a cockpit view, but the game will still be in development for many months so it's too early to be disappointed.

EDIT: The Guardian says 5K sq km, a good few hours to drive from NYC to LA, and NYC is roughly the size of GTA IV's Liberty City.

The Crew – preview | Technology | guardian.co.uk

I cannot be too hyped about this game yet because the handling looks arcadey and wheel support is very unlikely.

But anyway, for everyone who is worrying about the lack of cockpit view, you can stop. The cockpit view can be clearly spotted on the commented walkthrough at about 2:15 when "Fergus" switches through the views. :D

OK-ish to see a slightly improved world (and peds :)) ..but not too thrilled as of yet, hoped for better but about what I expected. (With luck you can avoid the arcade racing parts and perhaps also turn some on-screen stuff off, and I'd much rather see a 1:1 map striving for likeness).

But as it's supposed to be next-gen no less it's disappointing to see the standard res roads seen in too many current games. (E.G. saw some poor side-curvature (=ugly for visuals.. but smooth movement) I.E. freaking Tdu1 copied to tdu2 to this :|.. ..so I expect and it looks like it has elevation-curvature (=movement important) similar to Tdu2 too I.E. functional.. but the car judders slightly at degree-changes/poly at hills and valleys).

Then there's the 8 ply... :| .... ? :\

Let the hatetrain start rolling already eh?

Here's my 2c; we all had high expectations for TDU2 because we were expecting it to be even somewhat more realistic and improved on other aspects when compared to TDU1, thus we were disappointed when it turned out a lot worse than TDU1. This, on the other hand isn't looking realistic at all, so maybe this could be more like Driver SF; an arcadey game that everyone loves.

=> I'm not ready to start hating on the game after 5 minutes of gameplay and a CGI trailer, no matter how much TDU2 crushed our dreams.

I cannot be too hyped about this game yet because the handling looks arcadey and wheel support is very unlikely.

But anyway, for everyone who is worrying about the lack of cockpit view, you can stop. The cockpit view can be clearly spotted on the commented walkthrough at about 2:15 when "Fergus" switches through the views. :D

Good spot, this is great news!

This game keeps getting better.

to add on superhyper's point,

I think this will be an arcade game. The design is arcade and it looks fun. Arcade is by no means has to be easy and rubbish.

And who knows maybe it'll have some special mode for those who completed the game at the end (hopefuly :D)

[mod edit:] Please do not quote embedded video's, thanks.

Eagerly awaiting more information about this game, from what I've seen so far it looks great. I'm going into it not expecting the best physics as it's easy to see that it's an arcade type game.

Our standards are lower after the complete mess that was TDU2, so hopefully we'll be able to enjoy this one that little bit more.

How can people can judge gameplay and be so harsh without having even tested it yet ? Just for pleasure ? ;)

Hey, mates that's just a trailer and ingame vids are from an unfinished game (at least 6 months remain before it's released) !

Did TDU1 gameplay look so good before the betas were released ? I don't think so. :D

For those of you that haven't already, it's worth checking out the official 'The Crew' community Here.

A few threads have popped up already, most important is the Q&A thread with the devs Here

A few important bits worth highlighted from the Q&A:

Our E3 demo showed how players can create their own gameplay experience based on their tastes (i.e. free-riding in the countryside, accomplishing side challenges, weaving in and out of city traffic or achieving an epic downhill race) and then “crew up” on the go to reach a common objective (i.e. chase and takedown a target in an open off-road environment).

Sounds great to me, very TDUy but the bigger storyline and different objectives interest me a lot and will hopefully lead to more playable hours without it getting boring than TDU2.

With this unique take on car customization, in this unprecedented playground, we want players to feel, for the first time in a driving game, the surprise of exploring a new landscape, the wonder of discovering a well-known landmark – feelings that will make gamers want to stay in our world and come back for more.

Highlights how important the map will be for the game, and just how proud they are of what they've achieved. Definitely looking forward to exploring the map for myself. Hopefully there will be a few easter eggs around the island (a la Secret island from TDU1 and barn finds form TDU2)

In terms of handling, THE CREW offers an action-driving type of gameplay, and we’re focusing our efforts to recreate believable driving sensations no matter the terrain.

Of course this isn't to be taken too seriously until we here more, but still it's helping me feel more confident I'll enjoy the driving within the games.

What makes it unique to new platforms is that this world offers an unprecedented level of detail, of quality and density, thanks to hand-made composition, and a fluidity that gamers are more used to experiencing in scripted linear titles with limited environment scope

Great to hear, highlights exactly what being a next-gen platform game brings to the table.

Check out the thread itself for some more information, I've just picked a few bits :) Well worth a read.