We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield 4: PC, XBone and PS4 get 64 Player Multiplayer & 60fps

Camel

The consoles(or at least next-gen consoles) have finally caught up to the PC version of Battlefield and will support a maximum of 64 players in any given match. This is great news to me and to many others on this form I'm sure.

Along with the increased player limit I'm assuming that the maps will also be full sized for the Xbone and PS4.

DICE has confirmed that the Xbox 720, PC, and PlayStation 4 versions of Battlefield 4 will feature support for 64-player multiplayer matches.

At EA's E3 2013 press conference, DICE unveiled the first look at the multiplayer level Siege of Shanghai. The level featured helicopters, attack boats, and Jetskis, and culminated in a group of attackers working their way to the top of a massive skyscraper that was then reduced to rubble.

The returning Commander mode was shown running on a tablet, with the Commander player calling down an artillery strike. Alongside the Commander class, five-person squads were also shown. The Commander mode was shown running from a top-down viewpoint, and DICE added that it could also be played from the console.

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Battlefield 3 were restricted to 32 players, though the PC version allowed for 64.

Earlier today, Microsoft confirmed that the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 would run at 60fps and that DLC for the game would be released first on Microsoft's next-generation console. [/Quote]

Source: Gamespot