We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Weird lag/warp problem in multiplayer

Ewottaja

Hi everyone,

I've played the game almost 100% complete without any major problems, except one. Since day one I've had the same problem with other players' cars warping/lagging all over the place. When I try to drive with my friends, it's impossible. I can see other players' cars, but they don't drive smoothly but instead my friends' cars:

- Sometimes I see two same car at the same time

- Car jumps from one place to another

- Car flies 2m above the road

- Car goes through my own car

I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is.. I've tried to different cablemodems, both have the same problem. Im running Windows 7 64bit with Steam-version of the game.

Any ideas? :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to different modems, and since then I've moved to another apartment (which has fiber optic 100mbit connection). I don't know how you can forward ports, because the connection doesn't require a modem.

Whatever the modem or settings, it's always the same problem. Every car I see warps and lags in the same way.

reminds me on my short just "umts internet access". it wasn't possible to portforward something too, so normal gaming wasn't possible. as you seem to use some uncommon internet connection you should ask your isp for support.

but dont forget to tell that you have requiretly to portforward a bit

Remember, on my last apartment (which had 10/2mbit cable modem) I had the same exact problem! So obviously the problem is not with the internet connection.

The only thing I can think of is the ethernetcard in my computer.. Maybe I should try another card and see what happens.