We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Series 20 Discussion Thread

ScoobSTi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link! Here in Argentina we have the TG US (in History Channel), and it's not as good as the original TG. Sometimes I get to see some episodes on BBC, but I don't know when they broadcast it nor at what time...

Regards!

The hot hatch segment was good, after that it went down, even went and made myself a coffee and a sandwich during the S'sIARPC segment. Did enjoy the real reactions from James on that horrid boat trip though, bet he loved it really. :lol:

Anymore dumbed down and Americanised and we'll be hearing a laughter track dubbed over the show in not too long.

Anymore dumbed down and Americanised and we'll be hearing a laughter track dubbed over the show in not too long.

As much as I hate to agree with you, I agree. :cheeky: It's almost like Family Guy.

And if you don't know what Family Guy is, congratulations and I am very jealous. :nods:

As much as I hate to agree with you, I agree. :cheeky: It's almost like Family Guy.

And if you don't know what Family Guy is, congratulations and I am very jealous. :nods:

Family Guy is awesome!

I liked it, nothing more, nothing less really. Jeremy in the rental car was funny, James in the boat less so. Richard driving those hot hatches was nice to see as I thought it was a welcome change from the supercars they usually drive into something that normal people can actually buy.

But WHAT is up with having a

VAUXHALL ASTRA

as their reasonably priced car?! I found it so boring that I almost fell asleep at the screen, at least the Cee'd was a somewhat unexpected choice, but this is just dull. And their reasoning as to why it was reasonably priced was so out there it wasn't even funny. I wish more than ever that they would just get rid of the SIARPC segment and give more time to the cars they are driving, especially as I've never heard of 99% of the people who come on the show. Is that just me or does it feel the same for the rest of you who aren't from the UK?

Just realized I sound incredibly angry :hmmm: I didn't mean to, but rant over now anyways :cheeky:

Aren't cheap cars dull? :eyebrow: I personally don't give a duck what car they have and heck, even what guest it is unless it is someone who I know, which happens once a year. I don't watch the SIARPC segment, really.

I wish TG was more about cars like few years ago, not just crazy missions, road trips, SIARPC and stupid car tests on the airport where they just smoke tires like rastamen their weed. I miss road tests on actual roads. :hmmm:

Jeremy in the rental car was funny, James in the boat less so.
I find myself shaking my head at this Anders as the boat section showed real goings on (wave splashes and near tilting over) whereas the whole rental car nonsense was so obviously scripted and unfunny that I found it completely predictable, though saying that I was actually surprised not to see the car being driven over a cliff and crashing into the water behind James on the boat.

Well he nearly did go over at one point :lol:

I didn't get the point of the early RPC swap as well. They announced there would be a newer more expensive one sooner but if would still be justifiably reasonable - so I figured it must be more of a sports car. Looks like we just have some thing more expensive and no more interesting than the previous ones. Plus we lose all the previous lap times.

That said I did properly laugh out loud when Richard made that comment about the Genesis dude going round faster than one of their songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the last Sunday's episode and it was meh. Skipped the taxi race after the Merc flipped over and didn't watch the SIARPC. The F12berlinetta test was pretty good, nice cinematohraphy that's for sure. It showed that TG can make (film) very nice tests on the roads, shame they mostly test the cars on the track.

They're off to a good start, the F12 was a nice preview, but it was too damn short, I liked those long supercar cruises around the globe where they could share more things about the supercars they chose.As far as I've heard, the next episode involves just that, with the best 3 mid-engined supercars of the hour(won't spoil).Imho, it's the best part of Top Gear, the long supercar cruises and the "wildlife"/cheap/second hand car cruises around the globe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...