We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Audi Volkswagen V10 TDI Super Diesel sound

ddfdriver

yes, I have used Just The Idle for The Other Samples

The Mid (RPM) Sample is THE WORST, I ADMIT ... it sounds like An Old TRUCK :)) LESS THAN AN OLD V6 TDI ENGINE :D

The Idle is Pretty Good in my opinion

BUT : I CAN CHANGE THE MID SAMPLE WITH OTHER FROM AN INLINE TDI DIESEL SOUND ;)

My Question is : how is The High RPM Sample sound ? you think I Should Change it also ? hmm, that would be tricky :-? because Original High RPM's DON'T SOUND WELL IN TDU, BECAUSE TDU DEMANDS ONLY MONO FORMAT MICROSOFT ADPCM (WAV) FILE :( and The Original High RPM's are Not "High Quality" Enough

Oh the even older V6 :p

Please do NOT take me wrong..but quite honestly that's bad..very bad :/

Did you use the idle sample only to make al the other ones??^^

Sorry mate. Don't quit however.

--- Post Updated ---

hmmm, maybe Because of The Configuration also it sounds so bad, now I put only the Low Sample to all the other samples, except the mid sample . . . I've replaced the mid sample also with the low sample, but it still sounds Too Much Trembling, but : Maybe this is Because of The Configuration ! :-?

Oh the even older V6 :p

Please do NOT take me wrong..but quite honestly that's bad..very bad :/

Did you use the idle sample only to make al the other ones??^^

Sorry mate. Don't quit however.

--- Post Updated ---

YES ! ! ! That Was The Problem : I have used Mercedes CLS 55 AMG Audio file, BEFORE I HAVE USED THE FORD MUSTANG GT AUDIO FILE (WHICH HAS WORSE CONFIGURATION), and now That MID SAMPLE Stupid Trembling DISSAPEARED ;)

btw : I've made The Same Thing for VOLVO DIESEL SOUND MOD of mine, BUT THE SOUND I'VE FOUND OF AN OLD VOLVO IS A LOOOT BETTER BALANCED THAN EVEN THE NEW TDI ENGINES ! ! ! :O Shocking ! AND WITH THE NEW CONFIGURATION THE MID SOUNDS BETTER ON THE VOLVO DIESEL MOD ALSO ;) ;) ;)

BuT : ON THE OLD CONFIGURATION The Volvo Diesel Sound WAS STILL SOUNDING BALANCED ;) That's Why I am Amazed ! AND THAT'S STRANGE : BECAUSE THE VOLVO DIESEL SOUND I'VE FOUND IS TDI (I WONDER : IF IT IS 100% TDI, OR IF IT HAS ALSO THE CONTRIBUTION OF VOLVO, or : Maybe That Person who had written "tdi" in the title of the video Was Wrong)

--- Post Updated ---

Preview for The Improved Version (with Less Stupid Trembling) : Test Drive Unlimited AUDI S6 (A6 HQ WOOD INTERIOR) V6 TDI Diesel Sound Physics - YouTube

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry men, don't want to offend you but it doesn't sound good at all in high rpm, it's always the same sound. But you've made some progress, It does sound like diesel in low and mid Rpm. ;)

Personally I completely hate diesel, because it's boring and it doesn't give sense to the sound of the power... Watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans, The Audis are too quiet and we can hear the turbo only... I prefer a Corvette or a Viper petrol sound :)

unfortunately I have "lost" a part of the volume (I don't know exactly why, but definitely this happened)

anyway : before the high rpm was too loud, and from a point of view : most of diesel engines don't sound well enough at high rpm, so : I think the high rpm is pretty acceptable (from this point of view, especially)

but I am curious to see how it sounds (in stead of high rpm) the idle sound with bigger volume (the high rpm has higher "musical note" hiss, thanks to the configuration of the sound file "CLS_55_AMG.audio", but the low and mid rpm don't have that extra hiss [here being the main disadvantage]), but I didn't made yet "the 2nd version" of high rpm

to be honest : I don't dislike petrol engines, but most of petrol sounds I find are too light (except several new v engine sounds, this Corvette Petrol Sound ["]Released t0m3k911's Corvette/Camaro sound | turboduck forum, and I remember that Viper Petrol Sounds are definitely from the best, but I am not sure)

I like The Balanced Rumble of the heavy but good engines (of both kinds), and this Mercedes C63 / E63 AMG V Petrol has plenty of "Balanced Rumble" : Released C63 AMG Sound Mod V3 | turboduck forum

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry men, don't want to offend you but it doesn't sound good at all in high rpm, it's always the same sound. But you've made some progress, It does sound like diesel in low and mid Rpm. ;)

Personally I completely hate diesel, because it's boring and it doesn't give sense to the sound of the power... Watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans, The Audis are too quiet and we can hear the turbo only... I prefer a Corvette or a Viper petrol sound :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thank you for your appreciation! But! Excuse me ... your sound is not realistic! In reality, the sound of R50, especially in the car similar to the sound of a big V8. Sound Phaeton and Touareg V10 is different. This I know because I was the personal experience of operating this vehicle.