We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Saturday racing series

Ryzza5

lol, I don't think the teams thing will be much more than a fun experiment, given that there will probably be races where your team mate is absent.

As much as I'd like to use the RUF, I don't think we will given there are no low-LODs for it (the car disappears and you only see the tires). Tonight, if I'm home, I'll setup some practice races at Nurburgring GP and we'll try a few other cars, and we'll all use the same ones. We might end up using the Gumpert Apollo, since it (1) has good driving feeling, (2) hasn't been used much in existing leagues as far as I can tell, and (3) the interior looks awesome following a recent request by Andy to polish it up to compare with Assetto Corsa PR screenshots. We'll also try the SLS and and Ford Capri, I think.

btw can someone convince gsto to join? :)

MaroonStigJLR would have joined but he only has Junior monthly builds and can't play online (due to version mismatch)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but cars haven't been optimised to be competitive with other cars yet, so I don't want one team winning all the time because they've got the better car.

Unrealistic but I also thought about each team mate having a different car.

If the Gumpert had a mirror instead of a camera on the passenger side that you can't see (pending TrackIR support) I'd go fo rit, guess we'll be using the Jaaaaag. I just wish it had headlights and the seating position/steering wheel was centered. Great racing Ozz and Adam.

Watching the replay of the Gumpert race I didn't realise when you caught up to me (was held up behind someone else) - only when I looked back on Lap 6 did I realise you were right behind me. :)

Will get the videos up next week.

I shall do :D Will be good.

Ryzza: Do we pick a team livery and stick with that throughout the season?

On the formation lap can the lead car slow the pack right down before the start? (Just like F1 does so the whole pack can get grouped up so they aint sat on the grid too long? But for us just to make sure the grid is together before the start.)

I am actually going to miss the 2nd race (3rd August) just as an FYI

I thought the second formation lap practice went fairly well.

Just remember:

Only the lead car sets the 100kph pace - if other cars need to catch up they can

In the first 2 sectors, leave plenty of room, you don't have to be bunched up. This will prevent collisions.

If you drive with the HUD off, make sure you know where T2 is on the track map (beginning of Sector 3)

In Sector 3, cease swerving and line up close behind the next car (within 5 car gaps). Odd numbered positions pick the inside line for Turn 1, even numbers have the outside line. Don't drive in the middle of the track, should be a decent gap between you and the person next to you.

If you do stuff up in your formation lap and go off track or spin out, don't expect to get your position back.

Each team will pick a livery, and each driver a car number from that livery, which they keep for the season. I haven't announced this yet since we don't know if the Gumpert or Jaaaag will win. If it's the Gumpert I'm reserving Beran #7. :)

watching your sls zolder vid, I had a very different race than what seems in your footage.

I clearly remember hitting the apex on a particular turn every lap and you and adam missing it on my screen, where's on your footage it's a different story.

The multiplayer seems smooth but it isn't that accurate after all.

I thought the second formation lap practice went fairly well.

Just remember:

Only the lead car sets the 100kph pace - if other cars need to catch up they can

In the first 2 sectors, leave plenty of room, you don't have to be bunched up. This will prevent collisions.

If you drive with the HUD off, make sure you know where T2 is on the track map (beginning of Sector 3)

In Sector 3, cease swerving and line up close behind the next car (within 5 car gaps). Odd numbered positions pick the inside line for Turn 1, even numbers have the outside line. Don't drive in the middle of the track, should be a decent gap between you and the person next to you.

If you do stuff up in your formation lap and go off track or spin out, don't expect to get your position back.

Each team will pick a livery, and each driver a car number from that livery, which they keep for the season. I haven't announced this yet since we don't know if the Gumpert or Jaaaag will win. If it's the Gumpert I'm reserving Beran #7. :)

Awesome :D If I do ever get pole to set formation lap I know what to do better now, Can i still slow down though?? :P

Santu do you have any preference on liveries?