We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[Games with Gold] Assassins Creed II - 16th-31st July

Eudemon

The second of the free bonus 'Games with Gold' title has gone live and it's Assassins Creed II. As a Live Gold member you can download the game for FREE and save on the DLC and Season Pass if they take your fancy too.

Valid: 16th - 31st July 2013

What's the verdict on this game, any good?

• 1 month later...
It's an excellent game, best in the series in my oppinion, but I haven't played AC3 yet.Definitely worth playing, and Ezio is quite an interesting character.
Enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would now, the game has completely took me by surprise in it's whole direction and the well written and thought out story as well as some cool puzzles. I like the 'making money' feature too, didn't expect that and am now more vested into what's going on and looking for all the clues and such that pertain to the deeper unknown part of the story relating to the travelling through history ideal.

This is what I like about these freebies that PS+ has been doing for ages, they get people trying out games they never had an intention of doing so and then finding they may well become a fan of it and want to see more.

The only thing that I can say negatively about this game is that it's control scheme sometimes does not do what you expect or does something you don't want, like the rebound jump off a high building resulting in loss of health or insta-death! The control system becomes a bit of a burden and frustrating when chasing after the couriers and such especially.