We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

khevolution says hello

khevolution

hey people, just thought i would come in and say hi to you all so..... erm.....

:bananahello:

would love to have a goiod cruise with you all, but at the moment im the type of guy you all hate and lags up the server, note entirly sure why but i do and suggestions would be greatful

but thats not the point of this post

Hey khe, welcome to the board mate!!

As for your problems; I have been having trouble connecting to people over the last 3 days and have seen a few people on the server with the connection icon and as far as I knew my NAT was open (System blade > Network > Test Xbox Live) so I figured it was server issues, not so, somehow my router had changed the IP addresses assigned so I had to change the IP that I was port forwarding from and now it's all good again.

If you're running through a router have a check that the IP displayed in the Xbox Live test is the same as what you have for your port forwarding, annoying I know but hey networking is never easy.

Also check your upload speed: http://www.speedtest.net/

BTW your router control panel usually has a client list so you can see what IP is assigned to where.

How important is this NAT issue, I am obviously NAT'd through my router but I have never forwarded any ports to my XBox, I don't ever have connection problems either.

I get good speed as I have 8Mb BT Business Broadband.

Am I missing the point here somewhere or would UPnP be setting up the ports for me?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. :)