We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BMW M5 E34 Sound (TESTERS WANTED)

I'm working on a sound mod for the BMW M5 E34 by StarleyGT.

This is my first sound work, so it's a beginner mod (beta). I would like to have some testers or at least support to do a good sound :)

If anyone is interested in testing, I'll put it on beta release for download.

EDIT: I just finished the sound, but I'm not satisfied with the results, because of bad sources and maybe I have the wrong sound-editing program for it. I gonna put the link soon. Remember, that this is just test-release. I really appreciate, if somebody would give me hints and good sources and maybe the best sound programm for it.

IMPORTANT: This sound replaces Audi S5 sound. Please make sure, that you've done a backup before you use this file! I'm not responsible, if anything goes wrong on your game or cpu. Use it at your own risk!

Download: mediafire.com/download/0qkclydwrx0d26a/s5_high.bnk

okay man, i've tested the sound ... the "start up" is ok , in the "idle" there is a little loop bug... about the others samples you need to create a "stable loop" and pitch better all samples together.. you used the same sample for all parts ( onhigh, onlow , offhigh etc..) this is your mistake.

You need to "simulate" the high , mid and low engine sound (Rpm) with the right sound samples ( also if you use the "pitch function" in your sound editing program is a good way).

about the quality you need to find a "clean" video source with out music , wind noise , etc ...

for example the quality of this video is not bad you can test with it :)

if you need help feel free to ask ;)

i forgot to say that .. you should save the sound files in "Microsoft ADPCM 44,100KHz; 4 bit, 355kbps"

BTW: i'm working on a BMW's sound pack and i'm making a suitable sound for E34-39 and similar version (soon a preview) if you need help with the samples i can help you.

• 6 months later...
On this occasion, may I question?

@Damys

What is the difference between [onhigh..] and [offhigh..]? Copuld you please show me?

Thank you in advance.

onhigh is the car in full acceleration at high RPM , offhigh when you stop to accelerate but the car is still at high rpm ..the same for onmid/offmid or low (mid rpm)

• 2 months later...