We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA V Will Track "Bad Players"

iLLGT3

Not bad players as in unskilled ones, bad players like the ones that ruin your experience. Rockstar says they're prepared to deal with problematic players that you report.

Moving ahead, being an online game has its own set of perks and cons. Some players may do stuff that may not be appreciated by the community. For examples some players may shout abuse or destroy cars and honestly such instances will degrade the online experience of Grand Theft Auto. But according to Rockstar North boss, Leslie Benzies they will track such activity and are ready to deal with it.

“This kind of goes down two paths. One is the fun battling between players, and the other is, “This guy’s just a pain in the arse.” We’ve spent a lot of time on what we call “bad sports.” Anyone that’s misbehaving, whether it’s blowing up someone’s car or shouting abuse–anything that pisses people off–we can track that. The game can track that, and you can report them. If anybody’s a bad sport, then we deal with them,” he said in an interview with Gamespot.

He further continues that they also want the fun to continue, which is the essence of the Grand Theft Auto Online.

“The other side of it, where it’s just the fun gameplay, we want that to happen. We want you to run off with the cash and me to come and chase you. Or you run off with the cash and I’ll phone up one of my contacts and set a bounty on you. Then somebody will kill you, you’ll drop the cash, and I’ll get it all. We’ll track that as well. So if we always battle with each other, the game will remind us, “Oh, it’s that guy. He pissed you off a couple weeks ago. Maybe you should deal with him.” It remembers who your enemies are and reminds you to pay them special attention,” he added.

Benzies makes some valid points but give that the GTA 5 community will perhaps be the biggest one yet, keeping them under control will take some doing.

Gamingbolt

:duck: