We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

RockStar sale on XBL… bargains to be snatched

TimBud

There's a pretty good sale on RockStar games on the Xbox Live Markeplace right now:

Max Payne 3 (I bought this for £6.26!!)

LA Noire

Red Dead Redemption

Midnight Club LA

I would link to the XBL site, but the sale is not showing there… plus is a crap site a a pain in the backside to navigate anyway.

Just get on your XBox and you'll see the RockStar sale on the 'homepage' there.

Some real good deals to be had. :)

edit: linked the games but not sure if they're the same price as on the console :hmmm:

XBL site now showing the sale properly.

LA Noire is alright, but I didn't enjoy it too much.

Found it quite repetitive… search for clues; interrogate/interview a witness/suspect; chase someone; shootout; repeat.

The vehicle physics are not so good and the action shooting parts were too linear.

I got bored after a while and used the IGN guide to get through the game. Even then it was hit or miss as to whether I got 5 star case success. It seems minor bad driving has a major effect on this. Shame.

Crap ending too.

Well, I'm currently playing Max Payne 3 (got it on steam sale for 8 US dollars) and I find it very entertaining the story is great plenty of action, though sometimes it gets a bit linear, the maps are quite "explorable". The online is great fun, and I actually mix between online and offline, you know, when I'm short of time and want to shoot some people :P

I played LA Noire, I really liked the story very entertaining with some twists in the middle. And yes, it's a big map and you don't have a free roam mode so it's quite a pity.

So if we talk about "replayability", Max Payne 3 is the way to go. You never get tired of online shooters (or at least not so fast). If you want something a bit different, less action a bit more of "thinking" (not THAT much), then pick LA Noire.

If both are cheap, and you get one for less the price of just one, then get them both ;)

I am properly hating Max Payne… I love it when I'm actually allowed to play, but the game has too many damn cutscenes and cinematics that prevent play.

So many times I'm enjoying gunning down bad guys and then fancy an explore to find the secret items and clues only to hit another cutscene.

The game is pretty much spoiled by this.