We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Engine Sounds Rant

Ryzza5

ISR got some new footage of GT6. Great. And then you click play and have no choice but to ask 'Seriously?' when you hear the engine. Yes there are plenty of games that don't have great sounds but no-one seems to make such a bad job of it as PD. I could forgive them for having rubbish sounds on the 'Standard' cars but this is a brand new addition to the game, and the sounds were GT5's biggest criticism. Does that mean we've all been ignored? Maybe/hopefully it's still WIP but they hand picked the car for the public demos and they don't have a lot of time left before they have to lock everything down for publishing.

Here's the Raceroom Beta version of the same car:

Here's the Project CARS Pre-Alpha version:

I frankly don't expect GT to have that depth of sound, at least not on the PS3, but at least have average/half decent sounds instead of this rubbish.

You could merely have linked it. Or hidden it. ;)

The R3E version does sound very close to the actual though, which makes sense as they do get to record the real thing and do a brilliant job of it. GT6 and GT as a whole is dire in this aspect and has been since it's arrival, it's actually quite pathetic now that we still have to put up with this from PD, but 10m sales of GT5 possibly show that it's not a big issue to people so how can we possibly expect it to get better when people show it doesn't matter. They might say it does but at the end of the day they still bought it so why would PD fix it.

I don't expect GT6 to have better quality sounds than GT5, even because they said it already. But this Z4 has indeed not a bad, but wrong sound. Seems like same mistake they did with the HSV-010 DLC in GT5. If they are that lazy, just put the R8 LMS sound in the Z4, because it will sound more likely.

Hopefully they will fix it. If not, they will when the game gets released.

Edit: I also agree with Diablo, the R3E or something like that, is the one that sounds more close to the real one. :lol:

I can understand why people get annoyed at the sounds, be as long as things sound near enough them I'm happy. For example if they had a Honda City Turbo 2 sounding like a deep snarly V8 then i'd have a slight gripe...although a city Turbo with a V8 does sound like an interesting idea.

I've said it before, but the sound is't a huge thing for me when I'm driving, it's just there. I'll admit when I'm in the works van & got the window open that hearing the turbo spool is fun but I don't stop and admire it(also it's a Vauxhall Combo 1.7CDTI...not stunning). When watching cars it matters, but if im watching cars in game I may as well just go you YT and look up the cars?

Also alot cars none of us will have ever herd for real! Hearing cars in a game or on a video is one thing, but the real sound is different.

As I said I can understand why some are annoyed, but just my opinion thrown in.

I'm putting on my flame suit and I type this by the way. :lol:

For a number of people one of the best things about a car/bike/truck is it's sound, media today can closely replicate what the actual sounds like, and when people see this available in a game and they have heard it then they want to experience it. It's a reason why Forza is so well admired in this aspect, even though not all the cars are accurate there are many that truly are. Not to mention the fact they have tunnel sounds and echoes off closed in areas done brilliantly too. It's all about the immersion and making you feel like you are experiencing what it is like to be behind the wheel of that vehicle.

A good example would be the Carrera GT, hearing this from the outside it screams like a banshee, but when sitting behind the wheel it's supposedly very muted and you don't get to feel what those outside are getting as you pass them by. :nuts: So yeah accurate sounds may not be important to a few but for ardent car nuts the sound is probably the 2nd thing they want the most! (after handling of course. ;))

I don't know even a little bit about that game, but I know that TDU1 (at least) uses MONO FORMAT (IN STEAD OF STEREO, THE NATURAL SOUND)

DEFINITELY Mono Format DEFORM / NEGATIVELY CHANGES The Real Sound (of the engines) :-(

if tdu1 could be used stereo format, than : doing engine sounds for tdu1 could be much easier

but it doesn't . . . and for extra features you have to sacrifice others (for example : if you want more loud sound, the chances to change the sound [just enough to get an inconvenient] are big enough [and you need to do something really great to get a really great sound])

THE BEST EXAMPLE is Mercedes E280 CDI Sound mod : Released Mercedes E280 CDI Sound V3 | turboduck forum THIS DIESEL SOUND MOD SOUNDS *EVEN LIGHTER THAN A NORMAL PETROL SOUND* ! :O