We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 5: Bathurst Confirmed!

T1M

Forza Motorsport - Bathurst is Coming!

fba6830c-4209-4002-b3c0-aa0ab5093fd1.jpg?n=Forza5_BathurstReveal_01_1X_WM.jpg

One of the world’s most heralded racing circuits is coming to Forza Motorsport 5 -- Bathurst! Since its opening in 1938, the Mount Panorama Circuit at Bathurst has become a fan favorite, home to countless classic races. Anyone who has seen a race there knows that it’s unlike any other racing circuit. A long, narrow track winding up and around the huge elevation changes and scenic vistas of Mount Panorama, Bathurst is a wholly unique racing challenge and now Forza fans will have their chance to experience this amazing circuit at a level of detail they’ve never been able to before: in Forza Motorsport 5 on Xbox One!

Yep, Bathurst has been confirmed to be in FM5. Sweet! :D

Compared to all the other races here in V8SC this is a sort-of mini-Nordschleife (that's how international racing drivers describe it). V8SC ddo 161 laps here (1000km endurance race). It's quite a tricky place to get consistent clean (and fast) laps in when using a proper simulator without assists, especially in a 600hp V8 sedan with relatively simplistic handling abilities.

As for the best track in Australia, most racers say it is Phillip Island GP (where I was two days ago).

I don't view this announcement as special either, since they *appear* to be just following everyone else who's recently added it or announced/leaked plans to (R3E, GT6, pCARS, iRacing, etc). I'm guessing an independant company scanned the track for CAD data and then said 'Who wants it (for a fee)'?

This and Spa have been asked for since Forza 1 and to finally have it makes FM5 an even bigger draw to the racers who love this series but have perhaps felt that it has drifted away from it's "Motorsport" roots, what with the many fantasy tracks and lack of real-world BIG circuits. This will make a number of people take notice who weren't before.

• 1 month later...

I dunno man, that looks pretty close to me. Maybe not quite as steep as it should be but close (having driven around it last year, I have maybe 10 minutes experience on it XD)

edit: this has pretty much certainly lured me back to Xbox though. I'll be picking this up mid-late next year when non pre order folk can get one. Cant afford to pre order right now and the list will be so long that I'll be waiting til July anyway I reckon.

Haha fair enough, just when you see the camera angle from the bottom of the esses looking back up, the descent looks massive.

Just about every major racing game has (or is) added (or adding) Bathurst, off the top of my head: Forza 5, Gran Turismo 6, pCARS (actually Shift 2 already had a rubbish version of it), iRacing, R3E, etc, so you'd probably struggle to miss out on it :lol:

Let's hope some more Aussie tracks get noticed by game devs - and maybe some of the international racing series could have a look at adding an event at Bathurst as well.

• 1 month later...