We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Names problem in Database with TDUMT and TDUPE

Tob-Racer

Hello guys :)

I've got a really annoying problem with the names of the cars I create in TDUPE. I explain you first what I did wrong: I've got a BIG folder who regroups every mods and tools of TDU, even TDUMT and TDUPE. And I change the name of this folder... :-x After I changed it, the game went wrong when I started. I saw every mod's name had "Ressource not found" in TDUPE and TDUMT.

tdu_mo10.jpg

I tried to re-install the game fully stock with first the Patch 1.66, then the Megapack, after the MagicMap and finally the Patch 1.68b. I checked if in TDUPE and TDUMT the file directory were right. Then the time to install a mod, when it's an installer it's fine. I have no trouble to see Lambo.. Aventador LP700-4 or BMW M5 F10. But When It's my own physics with a new name, like "SRT Viper" in model name on TDUPE, it does save and i can see the name in TDUPE. Then I start the game, it crash. After I go to TDUMT and I see this:

srt_vi10.png

Really strange problem, like TDUMT doesn't recognize names in TDUPE. Before my problem, it use to work really fine. That's years and years I modded TDU and I never had this problem. Any idea ? Thanks if you can help me :)

Hi,

a possible cause is the fact TDUPE and TDUMT may not use the same resource files.

That's to say, TDU provides one resource file per game language.

The changes made by TDUPE have been made well, but not on the same language TDU is set.

2 solutions to try :

- if you can change language target in TDUPE (dont know if it's possible though)

- in TDUMT, try to repair your database with DB Editor, there is a check feature. It displays what's wrong and provides you a way to insert missing resource.

Please keep us informed ;)

It's incredible how just the game language affect the database. It was that problem. Thanks a lot Djey :)

Just a little thing also I like to know, I'd like to add more Manufacturer like Ginetta, Ultima (GTR), Bowler or Devon in the game. Is it possible to do it our self ? That's what you've done for Patch 1.67 and 1.68 (and thank you :) ) If it's possible, what should I do ?

There's no obvious method to do so, all is in the database files DB.BNK->Brands.db, which has to be unencrypted, edited, then encrypted back.

By looking at corresponding table in TDUMT's Database editor, you'll see role of each value in Brands.db file

But, there seems to be a game limit, that's why we could not add so many brands with latest patch.

Good luck, and make backups before ! ;)