We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Prophecy's AE92 Corolla Levin

Prophecy

Yeah, I love mcm- while I havent done many (maybe ANY...) of the stuff they've shown, I love their work, and theyre so funny. Yeah, well, I dont want it to be a project :P its getting an engine transplant, but after that the 'project' phase is over and its back to normal ownership. Project cars never tend to leave that phase, they always feel unfinished- here I have a 90% finished standard car, all it needs is that engine and a bit of love here and there :) Cheers mate, its going well so far, but I dont think the engine will be in by my end of november deadline :(

Guest MrLolololXD
here I have a 90% finished standard car, all it needs is that engine and a bit of love here and there

Lol, you say that now, but it'll never be finished, there will always be something more you want to do to it or change. It'll only ever be 90% complete, I don't think anybody who modifies their car ever gets to 100% complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So the engine has been pulled, the new engine is mostly ready, still a gasket or 2 to get- found that the power steering rack and driveshafts are both stuffed, so they'll be replaced before the engine goes back in, and also the brake lines need replacing too... The closer we get, the further we end up from finishing... Definitly getting there though, not too much longer I hope.

• 11 months later...

lol... Still no engine in it... Feeling like I may have been wrong, when I previously said it wouldnt be a project that'd last forever, its certainly feeling that way... I do think once the engine actually goes in with a manual box, and it cranks over into life, it wont be long until its driveable. Its just getting that engine done, at this point.

• 8 months later...

Ended up getting an engine in it from a front cut of another jdm ae92 levin gt apex, with manual gearbox etc. Most of it was together, just lost interest in making it work because I had got the fiesta, which is far more enjoyable in pretty well every way than the levin ever would have been, so I sold it. The guy that bought it got it like 99% but a fuel issue left him with a car that wouldnt run, I have no idea whether he managed to fix it or if he sold it on as well. Either way, maybe i'll be in a trueno gtz one day, but the Levin was not to be, in the end.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.