We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BioHazards photography!

BioHazard7911

Hey all I've been practicing photography lately and this is the first time I've done this with a car (I've been doing more shots around my backyard and street and my dog :P), and I had limited space and not alot of sun (some are dark because of the shade and some focus angles are possibly wrong but I was just trying some different things. More photosets will be uploaded but at the moment all there is, is the '93 MX-5 :) Any constructive input would be very helpful! Cheers :)

Here's a little preview at a small image size so everyone can load this thread properly, original size is 3008x2000 :P

9872009826_d51edfeeb8_c.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102767982@N04/sets/72157635755661034/

What are your plans with photographing? I'm no pro, really, have had my 650D since Christmas so I'm still learning. However, I suggest you reading some books and texts about photographing as you can find some helpful info & tips.

IMHO, if you take good photos there's no need to (over)photoshop them. And quality > quantity.

What are your plans with photographing? I'm no pro, really, have had my 650D since Christmas so I'm still learning. However, I suggest you reading some books and texts about photographing as you can find some helpful info & tips.

IMHO, if you take good photos there's no need to (over)photoshop them. And quality > quantity.

If I had a job in car photography or photography altogether I'd be very happy indeed. I'm going to keep practicing and see about getting into some courses for it. :)

Thanks for the tips bro.

I'm a photo noob but my feedback for that shot would be to include more of the car and to get the camera a bit lower, pointing upwards. Also read up on the 'rule of 3s' or the 3x3 grid.

You mean something like this??

9872022363_51dc1421f9_c.jpg

Hey there! For me the photos look pretty well also, I'm no pro/photographer neither. But for example, for me, in this photo the rear end shouldnt've been cuted (at least there's a wall or something).

Regards!

Cheers dude, and yeah I'm really disappointed about the rear end cut-off, if I was allowed more space at the time that wouldn't have been an issue but, next time I guess. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump! I've taken some time off here and another forum to sort stuff out, so I'm here with new content :) an MX-5 Club Run is coming up soon too and I'll definitely be there and it'll be during the late afternoon all the way through the night so I need some tips on what camera settings I should put my camera on.

Flickr: BioHazard7911's Photostream

Anyways, I made up a new watermark. What do you guys think? :)

*original size is on flickr*

11249514514_d0ceafd0a8_h.jpg

• 4 months later...

Massive bump. Alot of things have changed through the year, I've had a few photoshoots, I'm moving out of state next week..I've learned alot with photography but still have a long way to go.

EDIT: I fixed it. Here's all the recent albums (not in order):

End of Month meet @ Harrys Cafe De Wheels:

End of Month meet @ Harrys Cafe De Wheels - a set on Flickr

'99 Corolla:

'99 Corolla @ Plaza - a set on Flickr

LZY-200 (S15 Silvia):

LZY-200 @ Regatta Centre - a set on Flickr

LZY-200 - a set on Flickr

My first try at Light Painting:

Light Painting - first try - a set on Flickr

My cousin and Obie (her horse):

Obie and Ashleigh - a set on Flickr