We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Search specific game of racing-game/sim

TheSeeker1982

I'm looking for a for a realistic/sim-like game, but which includes as little as possible setup-options. Basically i'm willing to invest a LOT of hours of training in difficult car/track-combinations, but I'm not willing to fiddle around with the setup to no end to get an proper driving car in the first place.

Lets say I'm willing to setup over/understeer (yes I know in real life a lot of stuff has to do with what), steering-angle (to adjust the steering ratio to my liking) , gearchanges and tyre-type (dry/intermediate/wet; soft/hard).

Is there some game like that in existence? I already tried NFS Shift1+2, but the controls and/or physics of that feel mushy/floaty - even with mods. Besides Shift also had a full setup (diffs, height etc) so I was at a disadvantage anyway.

Besides the restrictions, it can't be ancient, since it has to work stable under Win7x64, and shortly in Win8.1x64 as well.

Steering wheel is Logitech G27

you can try shift 2 with this mod :

NoGripRacing :: NFS Shift 2 Downloads - Unofficial Community Patch

the physics are fixed with the patch.

I mean I would recommend you grid2 if you don't want setup but you won't be getting anywhere realistic, it's definitely a hard combination you're asking for

all the other non-arcade racing games are way too serious, at the other end of the spectrum. It's hard to expect finding a realistic/sim racer without car setup option. Shift's tuning system is probably the easiest to understand.

We need a gt or a forza on pc for sure.

Yes I know hard combination, sometimes race/sim-reviews even reads as if the one with the most setup-options = most realistic.

Anyway, I already have Shift2 the the Community Patch v1,0,99e from the 30,5,2012 installed. But it still feels nothing like Race07 or its AddOns, even with the Lotus Exige. In Race07 (to be concrete, the AddOn GTR Evolution) I could steer and accelerate+brake very precise and could feel really small grip-differences. But it's instable in Win6.x (Vista respectively Server2008 and newer) and it's graphics look reeeally outdated

But it's been a whole since I last gave Shift2 a shot - though I remember to adjust the steering-angle/ratio - which I consider essential since I want on each car and track the same - I have to use the advanced/full setup.. :oook:

atm I'm retring Shift2 with the community mod: I race in an medium-tuned Lotus Exige S and it feels like I'm moving an US Family-Wagon from the early 90s - I almost constantly have to countersteer to stay at least near the racing-line; precise racing-line racing basically impossible :-x

Does anyone have a decent race setup for the Exige? (driven with G27 at 400°, steering-lock at 25° -> steering ratio at 1:8) MAYbe it drives awful because of the setup..

The games that get you to turn the way all the way in one direction, and then hold the wheel at 90 degrees as part of the setup usually have the best feel as it takes all the guesswork out of it. Can't remember changing wheel rotation settings but I do recall adjusting the pedal sensitivity to around 41%. Also as I recall the handling felt better with the first of the PC patches (plus a tire mod), I never got it to feel as good with the second patch/DLC.