We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anime Thread

Loz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added to my collection the past week...

20140303_121250.jpg

FLCL is absurdly brilliant, I loved it. Haven't watched Howls Moving Castle yet, it was recommended to me by my brothers girlfriend, she assures me is execelent. Angle Beats just arrived today, and from what I can gather around the web, it's great.

I watched Princess Mononoke the other week and was complacently different from the sort of anime i'd normally watch, but my friends wanted to see it. Actually got into it! Was the dubbed one and I felt some of the voices diddent seem to match up with the person, but other than that it was good.

@Loz: Is Angel beats good? One of my friends mentioned it briefly and was going to look it up soon.

• 1 month later...
Cal: Finally got to watching Angel Beats, it's excellent.

Been meaning to check that out since, likewise "kill la kill".

Also love the figure! Can't help but like any Chibi figure really!

I'm finally thinking of getting one of the Racing Miku figures!

Watched Attack On Titans, and all of boku wa tomodachi (and NEXT) (Hagani). Been a while since I completed watching these, but anime is starting grow on me a little bit. Also started watching Fairy Tail.

Been meaning to check that out since, likewise "kill la kill".

Also love the figure! Can't help but like any Chibi figure really!

I'm finally thinking of getting one of the Racing Miku figures!

Kill la Kill is another brilliant series, A quick review would sum it up as over the top, doesn't take itself too seriously and funny.

Thought you bought a Racing Miku ages ago.

Watched Attack On Titans, and all of boku wa tomodachi (and NEXT) (Hagani). Been a while since I completed watching these, but anime is starting grow on me a little bit. Also started watching Fairy Tail.

Haganai is a good series, i'm just waiting for NEXt to be released then i'll get both series on Blu Ray.

Kill la Kill is another brilliant series, A quick review would sum it up as over the top, doesn't take itself too seriously and funny.

Thought you bought a Racing Miku ages ago.

Reason why I've been meaning to see it! :)

And sadly Ive not gotten round to it. Every time I think of getting one I get something else insted...

The list of animes i've watched is not that big:

Future Boy Conan - This one i discovered becuse of my father since he mentioned it

Full Metal Alchemist and aslo FMA Brotherhood - recommend by a friend

Initial D - Discovered by searching Togue racing becuse of Grid

Wangan Midnight - Recommended

Girls und Panzer - Discovered while browsing in World of Tanks forum and i really had to watched just becuse of Maus vs Hetzer

Animes i'm currently watching:

One Piece

Lupin the Third

You're gonna be in for a looooooong watch with One Piece, 643 episodes and no sign of slowing.

One I recommend are Spice and Wolf if you like excellent dialogue between two great leads (Holo, best girl), it's light on the action though, but for me the interactions between all the characters makes the show. S&W is also my current favourite show.

Another I recommend is Steins;Gate. Again while not heavy on action, it has great Science Fiction and Mystery themes, it left me and a friend baffled at some point when we watched it, but enjoyed it none the less.

EDIT:

My collection has grown since the start of the year.

20140510_180706.jpg

• 1 month later...

My ever expanding collection...

20140704_063830.jpg

Got 3 more on order from RightStuf, Toradora! Premium Edition, Soul Eater Complete Series and Ookami-San and Her Seven Companions Complete Series.

Would have liked to get the special edition of Nausicaa to go with all my other Ghibli films. And I wish the box/sleeve for Spice and Wolf was in better condition. Other than that, i'm quite happy with it.

I gave up on One Piece after episode 6, I realised there were 600 more episodes to watch. I heard most of them go nowhere.

OP is currently on episode 651 and running, And most of them are related to the story, not like Naruto, filled with fillers. One Piece is quite lengthy but once you get addicted to it, you won't leave it. I'm very much addicted to One Piece.

If you're looking for all the episodes, search in a shop that sells genuine legal copies

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

My complete collection as of July 1st 2015.

20150701_062250.jpg

^Click to Enlarge^

I have a few more ordered and on the way too. Baccano Blu Ray ordered, Jormungand on it's way. And just waiting on stuff to be released like Madoka Rebellion and Raildex.

• 3 weeks later...
I gave up on One Piece after episode 6, I realised there were 600 more episodes to watch. I heard most of them go nowhere.

I know, old comment, but...

It is worth it. Sometimes it's not just long, but boring. But there are so many epic episodes and sometimes it made me even cry. Not the best anime, but if you once have a time, start it. :cheeky: