We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

About Google+. And YouTube.

superhyper

Prepare for ranting! :yay:

Does anyone here even use Google+? I find it horrible and disgusting, though not as disgusting as the way they're shoving it down our throats by integrating it into YouTube. After the latest update, you can't comment on a video unless you integrate your YT account into a Google+ account (which I refuse to do as long as it's possible so I can't post YT comments now, that's freakin' A!). Also, I have no idea if someone comments on a video of mine because they've hidden the comment notifications so well under all the Google+ crap! Google logic! :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JsfEOi0A8E

(NSFW language)

Anyone else bothered about this? :hd: One thing's for sure, I still won't start using Google+, no matter how much they'd want me to.

When they forced me into changing my username, I just took that as an opportunity to change my crappy username I had into another fake one, so I don't have any problem commenting, at least I don't think so.

Never ever used Google+ and not going to either, but I looked at the profile it had created for me and removed the information I wanted to remove.

It gave me the option of keeping my username or changing it to my real life name and luckily I was concentrating on what I was doing and opted to keep my username. For some reason where you can change YouTube accounts it lists my email address as another account, but that's the only thing that has bothered me.

well looong time ago, when google+ invaded youtube and shot itself in the foot I've chosen my name as a swear word and my google+ account was suspended. It still is and I only have the youtube account as a standalone. I know how terrible google+ is due to my other youtube accounts. You might want to try the same thing it might work.

I deleted my Google+ profile to make sure I wouldn't accidentally change from Ryzza5 to my real name. I'm simply not going to use the comments function anymore until they respond to the outrage.

Otherwise Vimeo (or some other upstart) is about to get a lot more users