We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Assetto Corsa (Early Access Beta) available on Steam! - It's pure class.

The Compensator

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Lotus Exige 240

- Ferrari 312T F1 (Rush)

- Revised AI behavior

- Collisions performance improvements

- New sky box with clouds

- Fixed gui issue with spinner

- Improved x360 controller support at low speed

- Fixed gearshift sound on BMW M3 e92 Drift

- Improved rearview mirrors & added more rendering options in the launcher

- Default launcher theme: opponent skins are randomized from all available skins

- Default launcher theme: opponent setups are now set on a per-track basis

- Launcher: control configuration's Xbox360 section revised

- Fixed end race chart display bug

It looks like online will come next month...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm so bored and disappointed of Kuno's work. I really don't know from where to start. Why they edit so many cars and tracks in game every 2 weeks ? It is unclear for me. What is the point i don't understand... Import all cars and tracks from real world ? That's funny because game is full of bugs and problems. Why don't improve content what game already have ? I ask this question myself every time, but steel don't find correct answer for it. Car physics awful, graphics is not very good, no pit stop, no weather conditions and lots of function missed. And this is steel "Your Racing Simulator" ? My answer is - No way ! Steel an old game like LFS and RBR is simulator and AC is better then this ? AC is not even close at this games. I read comments in sim racing forums and people hate LFS, because developers don't update game often... Yes LFS developers don't do this, but LFS still have the best physics and handling i have ever seen in my hole live ! This is the real "Racing Simulator" and it don't look like AC, where developers think to get more money and instance improving physics and make game close to reality. Waste of time, i forget, when i last play Assetto Corsa. I'm very disappointing. It's sound like AC developers have competition with PC, FM, GT and they fight for cover all of them, but this is impossible. Like my friend said: "KUNOS holding trump card, when they thought about the physics and realism, but now they threw it". Game became arcade and that's real disappointed fact. I will glad to see they stop doing bunch of cars and will think about technical side of game, but this will never happen !

0022341d4edf.jpg

New title "arcade experience with bunch of cars"

Well since everyone else draws comparisons with pCARS... SMS have over 100 employees and 80,000+ WMD members (not all of them actively contributing assets), but it's enough for them to have new builds out every day. Kunos only have a handful of staff. Licensing and laser scanning would have eaten up the majority of their funds. They've been relying on the modding community a lot, so I would have expected them to focus more on the framework as you say.

Who knows... but if you asked me a year or more ago I would have expected a final release by the end of this year (of course with active development continuing). But it's still very much pre-release in terms of features and quality in the context of an overall 'game'. In part the community have done this to themselves, we're more than happy to pay for 'early access' and assume devs will deliver on promises. Whereas if we never heard of a game we wouldn't necessarily know if it was delayed and therefore wouldn't mind.

I'd never call AC arcade. There is some stuff I like about it, but I'll admit the physics do seem a little odd to me at times.... but of course... it's pre-release. So I don't play it much for now and hope it'll be great s**n.

Anyway AC looks arcade and not simulator, if we compare it to Kunos old game netKar-Pro. After this game Assetto Corsa is really a big fake. My friend give me netKar license. When i play it first, it was a little strange for me, but after driving FIAT 500 Abarth in Trento-Bondone Hill Climb, i just love it. This was so good, i can't express emotions. Cockpit was really different from other games. The bottoms you need to switch on for start car engine and other stuff like dust on helmet was surprising for me. AC need some technical improvement like new tyre physics or some kind of new action witch make difference between AC and other games.

About AC's title "Your Racing Simulator" i don't understand it... If you call it "racing game", why you edit drift content ? Looks unclear. Also DX 11 for me means arcade game and nothing more. Steel old LFS with DX 8.1 perform awesome physics and steel in 2014 there is no game, witch can compare with it. I know, that they moved to DX 9 this year and developed new version 0.6F with DK support, but version 0.6E use DX 8.1.

If someone search to play soft sim, you need to buy Project CARS and nothing more. Visual is astonishment and really hope they will improve engine sounds and car physics a little.

the game is still in Beta ..many things are on the way to be improved:

1) graphic engine (already announced)

2) sound engine (Powered by FMOD)

3) new features are coming : Pit stop, dynamit weather & conditions

4) more cars.

for many people (also real racers) AC is one of best driving game simulator ..so why complaining about that? not too real? for realistic drive experience there is the "real life" .. race simulators exist to entertain and must be considered videogames.

They also may want to add sideways aerodynamics, because that's really important for hairy situations with LMP and some kinds of F1 car. As the wings will get useless at a big sideways angle in an f1 car i'd like to see the fin do it's work. (Believe me, i have tried. I have even tried to mod a flying car.)

for many people (also real racers) AC is one of best driving game simulator ..so why complaining about that? not too real? for realistic drive experience there is the "real life" .. race simulators exist to entertain and must be considered videogames.

For many people NFS is the best game ever. So why you don't go and play it ? If lots of people playing NFS this mean, that game is the best ? Maybe you think like this, but i no. I don't complaining about nothing. I just write my opinion about game and if someone don't like it (like retired moderator in last post) i'm not afraid.

the game is still in Beta ..many things are on the way to be improved

Poor people who think, that this game is the best in Beta stage. Maybe start complaining when final version come out ? No one know, what will be in future and how thing will going.

Damys

RRacer

P. S. Nothing personally. Good luck !

@sti228 I just found it odd you saying "Also DX 11 for me means arcade game and nothing more." then going on to say want a soft sim buy Project cars.

And why you think that a game that has DX 11 can't be considered to be nothing more than a arcade game.

So i read it as you thinking that DX handles the physics. So if you watched this do you think the physcis look better becasue it goes back a few versions of DX.

Or am i totally reading what you're saying wrong. :confused:

And why you think that a game that has DX 11 can't be considered to be nothing more than a arcade game.

So i read it as you thinking that DX handles the physics. So if you watched this do you think the physcis look better becasue it goes back a few versions of DX.

Or am i totally reading what you're saying wrong.

Ok. Tell me any game with DX 11 witch have better physics than LFS, rFactor... Actually you can't. Second, i don't think that DX 11 is the main reason, why game look arcade and if you read carefully you will find, that i'm talking about AC and not PC. If you are interested with opinion about PC, it's "Simcade" for me.

Also i compare AC with netKar-Pro and again for me this game is much more realistic than AC. I will write much more, but no. This have no sense, you will never understand. :rolleyes: So, for you maybe the best rally game is Dirt 3 with DX11, but for me it's still old RBR.