We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari 599 GTO sound mod "Beta"

Damys

Hi Damys,

wow, that was fast. ;)

I just tested it - it´s nice, but it´s a bit too synthetic and the grumble is missing when you put the foot off the accelerator.

I use the F12 sound from Jorge (I think) on the GTO - take this as a reference, it just needs very slight changes to be 100% perfect. A tiny bit louder and a little bit more grumble when you put the foot off the accelerator. I asked Jorge to modify the sound for the GTO already.

Well, I really like the start up sound from your mod! It´s great. :cool:

Unfortunately I don´t have any clues about modding, so I can´t give you a more detailed feedback. Maybe it´s helpful. ;)

Hi Damys,

wow, that was fast. ;)

I just tested it - it´s nice, but it´s a bit too synthetic and the grumble is missing when you put the foot off the accelerator.

I use the F12 sound from Jorge (I think) on the GTO - take this as a reference, it just needs very slight changes to be 100% perfect. A tiny bit louder and a little bit more grumble when you put the foot off the accelerator. I asked Jorge to modify the sound for the GTO already.

Well, I really like the start up sound from your mod! It´s great. :cool:

Unfortunately I don´t have any clues about modding, so I can´t give you a more detailed feedback. Maybe it´s helpful. ;)

thanks for the constructive comment !

this sound still need to be improved as you said, and is in beta .. now i need a bit of time for make it perfect ! (maybe not at 100% but .. at 99 % i think is possible xD)

I just tested it - it´s nice, but it´s a bit too synthetic

. A tiny bit louder and a little bit more grumble when you put the foot off the accelerator. I asked Jorge to modify the sound for the GTO already.

Well let me tell you that everything on tdu2 will sound synthetic do to the lack of physics wich have a big impact on sound

I can tell you that this sound mod by damys has a REAL sample of a gto on it ... unfortunatly the filters of the game make the samples sound like :blowtrumpet:

Anyway i like what damys did with this sound ...its just a shame the game requires a really odd way of sample process in order to get that "strengh" you guys want

I have litle time to modding but when i get some to make the gto sound again i will ask damys to "land" me his startup and idle and onlow samples because they are really good

Cheers !!

This is not just music :

Hi Jorge,

thanks for your input.

I don´t think your F12 sound (I still don´t know if it´s really from you) sounds synthetic - it´s brilliant, even on the GTO. I NEVER loved to use the GTO in TDU2 because of the sounds. Atari sound was a total mess and the most mods were to silent and too "nice".

Now I can´t get enough to rev the GTO - 320kms on two evenings. :D

As I said, Damys sound is good, there are just little bits missing.

Damys sound, combined with the grumble and the loudness from the F12 sound - this could be great. Or the F12 sound combined with Damys startup and idle, a bit more louder.

I am sure, the result will be epic.

Hi Jorge,

thanks for your input.

I don´t think your F12 sound (I still don´t know if it´s really from you) sounds synthetic - it´s brilliant, even on the GTO. I NEVER loved to use the GTO in TDU2 because of the sounds. Atari sound was a total mess and the most mods were to silent and too "nice".

Now I can´t get enough to rev the GTO - 320kms on two evenings. :D

As I said, Damys sound is good, there are just little bits missing.

Damys sound, combined with the grumble and the loudness from the F12 sound - this could be great. Or the F12 sound combined with Damys startup and idle, a bit more louder.

I am sure, the result will be epic.

Ofc the sound is mine

Now believe it or not .... the sound of a gto is very different from the f12......even though they sound similar in videos their spectrum (DNA if you want ) seem to have really different designs and i know this because when i started the f12 sound i used the my gto samples as "base" but after a long time of tries i was not having the results i want it... so only after i gave up on the gto samples as base layers and use f12 samples as base i finnally achieve the spectrum i want it

They really sound different....its like hearing a M3 e46 and a M3 e36 ..both share inline 6 blocks with praticly the same specs only that the differences of the valve timings and airboxes are enough to not sound the same

Anyway ... when i have time available i will make a new gto sound with the quality i achieved in the f12 and i will ask damys for his samples because they can be recycled as they seem to be great

Now enough of offtopic

Cheers once again !

Ofc the sound is mine

Now believe it or not .... the sound of a gto is very different from the f12......even though they sound similar in videos their spectrum (DNA if you want ) seem to have really different designs and i know this because when i started the f12 sound i used the my gto samples as "base" but after a long time of tries i was not having the results i want it... so only after i gave up on the gto samples as base layers and use f12 samples as base i finnally achieve the spectrum i want it

They really sound different....its like hearing a M3 e46 and a M3 e36 ..both share inline 6 blocks with praticly the same specs only that the differences of the valve timings and airboxes are enough to not sound the same

Anyway ... when i have time available i will make a new gto sound with the quality i achieved in the f12 and i will ask damys for his samples because they can be recycled as they seem to be great

Now enough of offtopic

Cheers once again !

with your experience in sound modding i think you will have a great final result :) i think the GTO is one of the best sounding cars around here.. so it need to have a really great sound , it's a shame we can't add a proper downshift effect in tdu : S

i worked a lot on this sound ..but there is something wrong who make this sound not like the real thing

but the samples come from the real car from here! :)