We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your Future vehicle

calster17

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Estates?

0322002-Lexus-IS-SportCross-IS-200-SportCross-Executive-2002.jpg

Would love one of these. I've barely seen any.. ever... if only insurance wasn't too damn high. And they all seem to be Automatic (not that I have anything against automatics.. but for an early car I'd rather have a manual). There was a lovely one on Auto Trader which had less than 50k miles, manual and was in good condition. Not too expensive either... but it's probably sold now.

Estates?

https://www.parts-specs.com/photos/0322002-Lexus-IS-SportCross-IS-200-SportCross-Executive-2002.jpg

Would love one of these. I've barely seen any.. ever... if only insurance wasn't too damn high. And they all seem to be Automatic (not that I have anything against automatics.. but for an early car I'd rather have a manual). There was a lovely one on Auto Trader which had less than 50k miles, manual and was in good condition. Not too expensive either... but it's probably sold now.

They come with a 2JZ-GE too :D

Lexus IS200 Sport cross?

Oh you mean the Toyota Altezza Gita. ;)

-

Though I'd throw this in as well, the new Honda Civic Estate...

Honda-Civic_Tourer_2014_1280x960_wallpaper_03.jpg

I did say it in my opening post, but only as the Type-R if they make it as an estate, but I may wait & see...as do I really need 300Bhp & 400ft of Torque & a manual box? The answer is yes actually, but I'll see. :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

[ATTACH]22353[/ATTACH]

Realistically, I'd like an Alfa, Saab or Volvo. But insurance for 17-year old lads is crazy because of boy racers in Imprezas, crazy mannn!!

But I need a job, and it's only 4 months to my 17th. My parents don't drive, so I'd have to buy a car myself...

Also, not a car, but I'd like an ERF EC14 lorry, because they sound fantastic.

Spoiler alert? It's all Mercedes for me xD

Realistic dream car: C216 CL-Coupe, C217 S-Coupe, don't really care what engine but if I could choose a 63 AMG.

Realistic first next car: W211 E-Class sedan, most likely 220 CDI, 270 CDI or 280 CDI. It has to be a facelift, so 2006-2009. Very picky on how it looks, though judging my recent scanning of the web I think I'd be going for Avantgarde versions because of the nice dark wood and sportier appearance.

Reason I'd go for an E-Class instead of my 4th car becoming a 4th C-Class is just that, I don't want to stick to C's forever. Plus that C-Class cars, except the 190 series and the current W205, have a very slanted design. The noses are quite low and short and the rear ends are high off the ground and extend up quite a lot. Don't care if it helps in economy or stability, I like the more horizontal and balanced shape of the more luxurious cars.

Rather than spend a fortune on an Audi or something (hopefully the Golf doesn't give me any trouble), this could be a great upgrade to the CBR500R:

images_bikekat%5C2013%5C37-triumph%5C3822-streettriple_r%5C9.jpg

Triumph Street Triple R

All the reviews for this thing are glowing, it wins all the comparison tests, has good torque all through the rev range (up to 13000 rpm), gets decent fuel mileage, is super smooth, and can accelerate as quick as most supercars from the previous decade. Bars are higher up so should be more comfortable as well, although there may be a bit more wind + rain exposure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like I posted in this thread before I got the BMW so I succeeded in buying my future vehicle (at that time).

Would love another BMW next. Problem is the BMW has had more wrong with it and cost (alot) more to sort out in a year than the 306 did in three years. The 306 is still soldiering on now with my dad driving it every day. There is something up with the ABS, but the car still starts, stops and can put a smile on your face and it's never spent a weekday off the road due to a problem unlike the BMW which has had a the odd week out of action here and there.

Part of my wants to say "Sod BMW" and get a MK6 Golf GTI or something similar next and see how I get on with that. The other part of me says stick with BMW and the costs, but go for a 3.0 petrol E90 next. Then there is the wild card that lurks in the back of my mind and it keeps telling me to get a Land Rover Defender 90 to do some offroading in on the weekend while still running the BMW.

The sensible part of me says stick with the BMW, save all the money you can and move out as soon as possible which will more than likely be the winning idea.

I think if I did buy a car that was older than what I have now I'd probably use it as a secondary car for weekends rather than a daily driver. I have had a look at E36 328is in the past along with the obligatory (from my perspective) MK2 Golf GTI, but there is no way I'd be taking either to work every day. I'm putting 300 miles a week on the E46 just going to and from work and I wouldn't want to put that sort of mileage on an older, more sought after car.

There are a lot of cars I would like (last weekend I was looking at 90s American pick-up trucks with big diesel engines), but I think I'll have to keep my sensible head on :p

This, a thousand times this.

My old 306s (I had two of them!) were far cheaper to keep on the road than the Audi. I still find myself considering getting a simple hot hatch to replace the Audi, but I've sunk so much money into this car I want to be the last owner of it before it dies!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.