We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Christmas 2013

CarMadMike

Howdy Y'all,

I got thinking about when is it finally acceptable to start feeling christmas-y or getting into the spirit of things, albeit by listening to a bit of Bublé or buying presents or decorating the house.

So:

• When is it acceptable to start feeling xmasy?
  • Getting anything nice for xmas this year?
  • Got any nice ideas of pressies for other people?
  • Bah Humbug?

These are all questions I'd have most likely asked in the chatbox but thought a thread might be nice :D

PS: Happy Thanksgiving to those 'Muricans we have around here.

When December hits is when I think its okay to get Christmas-y

I pretty much just want socks, and a carhart jacket.

Im thinking about getting dad a box cover for his truck. I don't know what I'm going to get mom yet. I got her a diamond ring last year. I think I'm going to alternate between them each year. Mom gets a big present one year, Dad the next.

Beginning of December is the right time to start the Christmas joy, not November...

The only thing I can think of that if I were to specifically want would be car parts. Other than that nothing really.

I'll be buying my father a few car parts for his car for returning the favor for buying me new struts and shocks for my car. As for mother, not sure yet. Probably just give her a few hundred dollars do she can get what she wants.

When is it acceptable to start feeling xmasy?

Once I've left work on the 20th December. A lady at work is decorating the office on Monday with trees and fake presents and all sorts of other stuff though.

Getting anything nice for xmas this year?

I asked for Xsara Mist Jets for my car and they cost about 2p on eBay, but I'll be happy enough with that. The standard washer jets are currently doing my head in because despite 28,000 adjustments they still shoot water to the incorrect place.

Got any nice ideas of pressies for other people?

I just asked people what they wanted or spied on them while they were shopping to see what they were after. The spying aspect you may think is dangerous, but no-one really buys anything unless necessary at the moment.

Bah Humbug?

Probably. I don't plan on being at home for more than a total of 90 minutes on Christmas day (once I've woken up). Although I agree it's a good time to catch up with family, my house will be full of my dad's girlfriends family who just constantly make noise and I can't stand it. So I'll be shooting off to my nans house and then my mums house later on and staying there for as long as possible. I've only just began to realise it'll probably be the same New Years Eve so I'll just have to hoon about in the car or something :p

• 2 weeks later...

All aboard....

[ATTACH]19257[/ATTACH]

Due to be de-railed on the 26th people.

;)

-

Joke aside, December is the time for it and all. When you get the feeling and all...weird day hours, hussle & bussle of shopping, no clue what to get people & works night out and all. :lol:

Haven't a clue what I'm getting, know someones gotten me something for the car and I think I'm getting a really fancy bottle of whisky as well. Not all to fussed really as anythings nice. :)