We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A flight story

mau92

Disclaimer: This is a made up story, any coincidence with reality it's just a coincidence :P

Seems that being a pilot for those rich guys has its benefits. We were enjoying Naples city, under the watch of the Vesuvius. It was early in the morning, and I was enjoying an authentic Italian Capuccino, when my cell phone rings and a text message says that I have to get ready for the afternoon flight to Sicily, to the city of Catania, precisely.

I searched for my charts, the sun was setting high on the sky as well as my hunger. So I went to a little bar to have a "Prosciutto di Parma", mozzarella, and rocket sandwich while planning the route that would take us over Tyrrhenian sea.

The route was:

SOR UQ58 VARAL UP748 AMANO UQ789 PELEN UQ789 COBBA

No bad weather and/or winds.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Around 4 o'clock we were arriving at Capodichino, and about 5 we were starting the engines and getting ready to taxi to rwy 24

Taxing to runway 24, an A320 takes off in front of us.

Soon after we took off and had our nose facing to Sorrento

Passing SOR, we take radial 156 to VARAL. After that whe make a turn heading 226° for 53 nm more (around 14 mins) to intercept radial 198 of SOR, our next waypoint.

While we were enjoying the cruise, I ask my boss/plane owner, why we were going to Catania. After that he tells me that there's an event for Ferrari owners on Pegusa Autodrome. A semi permanent circuit in the heart of the island, around Pergusa Lake. He also told me that there was a place for one more, and I was invited, so a life long dream became true, I was going to drive a Ferrari.

The rest of the flight we were talking about cars and life, while the moonlight illuminated the cabin.

Calm flight, no head or tailwind...

After 40 minutes we were entering Sicily's coast, and we contact LICC_APP

While we were joining the approach pattern, the big jets passed us. We have turn 3 to land.

Short final, a bit high, but the runway was long enough for us.

We land, vacate runway and have a close encounter with a big jet!

We go to the platform and then to the hotel. Tomorrow we were going to drive the finest cars on Earth!

The phone rang, time to wake up. It was early in the morning, and the track day included a day-pass, so we headed there. While were getting close, we could hear those Prancing Horse's engines sound!. We entered the circuit, during the morning we had advanced driving lessons for powerful and fast cars, some simulator and then lunch. After lunch the so awaited moment arrived. The finest selection of ferraris was there, from 288GTO to the F12 Berlinetta. Why talk? here are the images!

By the end of the day we came back to the hotel... Everything that I would drive was slow... But well, it was a great experience!

Thanks for reading!