We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 5 and IGN unveil the January Car Pack - "Oh hi, don't I know you?"

7 R500. That'd be nice if Forza physic's arnt still a case of every car wants to drift. (I dunno, are they?)

It's a shame they are just offloading old models into the game & shouting there new and expecting you to pay for them...now *flame suit on, sits in a fire truck* GT6 has added new cars and sure they were likely to be in the code somewhere (M4, Mario Andretti's Hudson's, Vision GT, etc) but least they were free.

Shame, as it'll only come back to haunt them one day.

it's also interesting, gaming industry is a very new sector and often with rapid growth in a sector there are lots of shortfalls. I mean for example how many times have we payed for a full game and received a broken one? The developers and the publishers are still trying things out on the financial ends of things. Yes the games require much bigger investments as the technology progresses but by no means you have to take this out of customers rather than innovating your process to make the costs of creating a game cheaper. Buying a new car more or less the same price % of your salary 30 years ago or now. The gaming industry doesn't get anywhere near that with the dlc business included.

Yes but Forza is under Microsoft and as we've seen all too often, they are not ones to shy away from nickel-and-diming their fanbase. In fact that loyal fanbase is to it's own detriment as they eat up all that is put in front of them which probably makes this worthwhile. And it's only when enough people say stop or vent about it will companies take notice.

Maybe you had to grow up in the DLC culture to truly not be annoyed by it but it really does piss me off the price they charge for a slither of what the full game provides. If you remember Expansion Packs then you know they were typically a 1/3 of the price of the full game but actually provided you with that amount of content too, otherwise they got left on the shelf.

Yep, can't get over how it is cheaper for me to get a years worth of their MS Office suite (subscription) compared to how much I have to pay to be able to watch YouTube videos on their console (which you can do for free on practically any other online media player device).