We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Soooooo... CPU or GPU?

Hermano_Nintendo

So, if i'm lucky enough, i'll be able to update mi CPU from an Athlon X2 2.5 Ghz to a FX-3600 X6 3.5 Ghz

Also i have an HD5570 and 4GB DDR2 (i'm going to upgrade to DDR3 with the CPU) but the CPU seems to be the worst offender, in fact i'm attaching a photo of the results i get while monitoring my gameplay sessions

I know that my HD5570 doesn't allow for too much bells and whistles, but the CPU seems to take a very heavy hit with this game, will the experience improve significantly? (I'm not upgrading my CPU only for TDU2, of course)

Whichever path you choose, the result is going to be similar.A new CPU will improve performance, but not by a huge margin, since the GPU will still be the "old" one, however, a new GPU will improve performance, but not even close to its full capacity, due to being bottlenecked by the CPU(if not familiar with the term, google it).I would advise buying a CPU first, since it will have an impact on everyday use as well, while the GPU won't, at least not in the same amount.Then later on, in the future, you can buy a GPU without fearing that it will be extremely bottlenecked by the CPU.