We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Arma 3 final

Dudu69

I've been watching lots of videos about Arma 3 on Youtube and i'm getting quite impressed on the things you can do. It's almost like a cross between GTA and Battlefield 4. I've been thinking about buying it, but i want to know if this game is any good, specially because it's quite expensive where i live, and also for the fact that i was never really into hardcore sims.

Also, are there any good mods for this game, that is not zombie related?

It's really nice, especially if your computer can even run it. My computer is pretty average (I don't consider it a gaming PC) and I get 20-30 FPS on mostly low settings. There's tons of freedom and if you know how to script, you can make your own interactive movies or full-on missions. If not, you can just download stuff other people have created. Also there are tons of mods.

There are annoyances though, such as performance. And the AI can be really incompetent. But you'd rather play with other people anyways.

Basically, the main factor is performance. If you know for sure you can run it, and paying for it isn't a big deal, then go for it.

It's really nice, especially if your computer can even run it. My computer is pretty average (I don't consider it a gaming PC) and I get 20-30 FPS on mostly low settings. There's tons of freedom and if you know how to script, you can make your own interactive movies or full-on missions. If not, you can just download stuff other people have created. Also there are tons of mods.

There are annoyances though, such as performance. And the AI can be really incompetent. But you'd rather play with other people anyways.

Basically, the main factor is performance. If you know for sure you can run it, and paying for it isn't a big deal, then go for it.

My PC is slightly above the minimum requirements; the only bottleneck is my video card (EVGA GeForce 210). As for the game's price tag, it's not much of a problem by itself (i bought CoD: MW3 last month for a similar price). i just want to know what should i expect, in terms of gameplay so i can decide whether or not is worth the investment. I really miss a demo version.